Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,668 Posts
I wish.... If I had a periscope I could ride. We've got so much rain that I can't even go to the Lake place and chill because all of the ramps are covered. If I'm gonna be stuck inside I may as well enjoy the comforts of home.

BTW, when I say "so much" I'm talking almost 5 inches in the last day. And now they're forecasting another 5 inches over the holiday.
Yes I'm whining!!! I'm tired of this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
I should have let you know we were going to Petro for Mother's day. The prime rib was better than usual.

Might have to hit Chances R Sunday for brunch. I'm losing far too much weight!

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
I'm hoping to get out a bit - not sure when, where, or how long though.

Sorry to hear you folks are soaking wet!

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,441 Posts
I'm hoping to get out for the first time this year. Life has gotten in the way of fun

·
6,481 Posts
We're not far at all from Oklahoma and their storms blow this way and we also gets a lot of rain. lately, it's been the kind of rain we need for our farms. My Fescue fields are so tall already this year that they already need to be hayed.

As right now, this entire day has just barely been over 50 degrees, sprinkling and with high, grey clouds. I bet I've only ridden to work a few times in the last month.

This state is weird as it can go from blue skies to torrential rain and tornado's in a few hours.

If it clears up, we will be on the road for sure.

Sam:biggrin:

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,802 Posts
I should have let you know we were going to Petro for Mother's day. The prime rib was better than usual.

Might have to hit Chances R Sunday for brunch. I'm losing far too much weight!

If you go to Chances R enough, that won't be a problem! :biggrin:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Starting Friday our weather is suppose to be just about perfect.

We will visit family graves on the bike at some point this weekend.

And plan to ride at least some everyday this weekend.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I might do a short ride. I never do anything major on Memorial Day weekend. There are too many drivers on the roads who are distracted or drunk.

If you are riding in TX or nearby states, play it cool if law enforcement stops you. It's possible they may be checking some MC riders.

dT

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,802 Posts
Since it's supposed to be a wet holiday weekend for us, I took a short ride tonight. The highways are already getting busy with early birds. Had an older truck pulling a camper come up on me fast and hard. I found a turnoff and got out of his way. Apparently he wanted to be sure to get a good spot at a campground.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
If you believe the annual auto club travel estimates, holidays are the wrong time to be out on the road. Stay home and get together with family for that first bar-b-que of the season.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I plan on spending the weekend doing what we all should be. Remembering those who fought and died for our freedoms. Parades, laying of flags at the cemetary, and of course, lots of pigging out.....

C

·
0 Posts
Well, sadly I have to put the dock in this weekend. No, it is not my dock but the in-laws dock. As always I do my part and help out when needed. :)

·
Justa anutta Human......
728 Posts
I will watch for idiots texting n driving 4 sure.....
The tourist will be coming up.....
N we up here in Maine already know what their like driving....
The railroad tracks are welded to the fronts of our trucks....
That's for safety.....LOL
NNnnn we changed all the road signs to be backwards.......LOL
NNnn we installed the GPS signal blocking devises on poles along the interstate...
Maybe they'l all end up in Canada......
Can only hope.....right.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts