Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought my first bike, 1973 Honda CB750 Custom Bobber. Haven't owned it just a couple weeks and one day after riding I noticed it was leaking oil. Not a normal small leak, a substantial oil leak. After investigating I noticed was basically looks like a whole in part of the engine or gearbox cover. To be clear the bike will start up and get up and down the road but loses a lot of oil in the process. I know enough about motorcycles and engines to be dangerous but still very ignorant. Any mechanics here or anyone more mechanically inclined than I am that can tell me how screwed I am based of the pictures attached? What exactly are my options here? Appreciate any help you can offer.
That's common on the 750 same thing happened to my neighbor when the chain gets loose it will expand the faster you go. I fixed his although it wasn't that bad , I cleaned the area really good and got epoxy puddy and used it to fill in the spot then I got epoxy in a tube and went over the puddy waited 24 hours before starting it to ride . He drove it later sold to a friend that drove a couple of years , sold to a friend that drove for years before he sold it. Got to be clean and wait for it to cure .

1 - 1 of 1 Posts