Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Zip
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From another thread, moved here:
How is that lid? I might look into one. Is the shield good for clarity? Don't want to hijack this thread but.... it's better to change a shield often, scratches can cause oncoming lights to have a starburst effect.
Brule
I like the CL-17. After reading a bunch of reviews I bought one online, sight unseen.Turns out it fits my rather roundish head just fine. The shield is distortion free and pretty large, it doesn't hinder my peripheral vision much at all. I've been very careful with the shield not to scratch it, and so far it's remained perfect after a year of riding (about 15000 miles). I can't judge how noisy it is since I've not worn any other modern helmets so I have no way to compare. There is a good bit of wind noise. The vents work okay in hot weather, not great but I can certainly tell the difference between open and closed. I've ridden in the rain and my face and head have stayed completely dry with the vents closed, and only a drop or two of water came in with the vents open. The shield is Pinlock ready, and the Pinlock piece can be had for about $25 (it's not included with the helmet). The liner is removable and washable (I washed mine over the winter, it held up well).

So I'm happy with it. I think the next helmet I buy I'm going to consider a modular. I know HJC makes those and they're not terribly expensive.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks for the detailed response. I have a Bell Qualifier that I want to replace the sheild is good for vision but... shoulder check at 80km(50mph) or higher it flips 1/2 open the vents don't move much air and it noisy. I wear earplugs but it's still loud. Back in the day Bell was a top name so it fit my Mellon right and felt good in the show room wish I could have taken it for a test ride. I have an HJC dirtbike helmet that I like so off the try the CL17 for size and fit.
Brule

·
Registered
607 Posts
I am a dedicated CL-17 fan. I won't claim it to be the best in all regards, but of all the brands and models I have tried on it is by far the most comfortable for my pumpkin-like head, and the few minor gripes I might be able to think up are far, far outweighed by its DOT and Snell ratings and the around-$100 sale prices I have paid for each of my three examples.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I will have to get to a gear shop soon and see if their 2xl fits my giant melon. It's supposed to be -11C°(12F°) here tomorrow so the bikes sleep for a little while longer but the time change is soon, spring is around the corner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts