Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening,

I realize this should go in the hard to find parts section but I can't post there yet since I don't have enough posts on the forum.

If I could get some advice or assistance I would greatly appreciate. I'm interested in purchasing a 1983 Honda CX650 Custom from a shop in my area. The bike is in excellent condition, crazy I know, but the one thing that is keeping me from going for it is the riding position. The foot pegs don't allow me to stretch out, quite the opposite. I want to add a highway bar with foot pegs to allow for better leg position. I think this is the best way to go, but please let me know if you have any other thoughts.

The problem is that I can't seem to find highway bars for this bike on the web. I've done a fair amount of searching but just can't find anything. Any thoughts where I might go to get this part or how to get this done?

-Tremulous

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
In the "for what it's worth" department, with regard to highway pegs (or "bars" if you will)...........

I had them on my previous bike. They were pads, (foot rests) mounted on a "Crash Bar."

Having never had them on any previous bike, I wondered if I would use them much. I didn't. Only occasionally. In fact, MOST of the time, I was turning them in (on their pivot screw) and leaving them at parallel with the bike (as opposed to sticking out). Why? I dunno. Just figured I wouldn't be using them on my daily commute, due to the roads and circumstances of my particular route.

Then on those occasions when I DID use them, I found that (due to seating position) I would lay my ankles on them, rather than put my feet actually "on" the pads. It was more comfortable that way.

For all the supposed comfort of them, on long trips, I don't do enough "long trips" to warrant their existence on my bike, so I won't likely put them on my current ride. No point in just putting them on there for show.

-Soupy

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum aedenfield.
That thread is almost a year old and the original poster didn't even come back to read the answers. I doubt you will ever get any info from them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts