Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm getting older but I swore there was a thread yesterday about a guy having problems with his Harley acting crazy when he got on the gas mid corner? I can't find it, just curious if he replied?

·
Ace Tuner
3,477 Posts
There was, I commented in that thread.

When I looked at my list of recent posts, it ain't there.
Probably just a forum SNAFU.... Or, some sort of massive government cover-up. :devil:
Maybe he'll post again to let us know if, or what he found out.

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
I found several in moderation. Don't know if any were the one you are referring to or not. There are still others I'm going thru so it may still pop up as I work at it.

EDIT: Pretty sure I found the one you are referring to. I've sent the OP a message as to why his post is in moderation. Time will tell if he responds. Many of these are just post and gone types so who knows with this one.

·
Zip
2,512 Posts
Thanks for the explanation, hogcowboy. I, too, saw that thread and then couldn't find it any more. Thought I was slipping a cog in the ol' noggin.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well again I'm confused, what exactly does "post is in moderation" mean? Did he do something wrong? The guy crashed his bike and doesn't know why, so any help we could provide him in discovering the issue is good isn't it? Even if we never here from him again.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,918 Posts
While I do enjoy this Forum I have noticed it gets a lot of One and Done Posts .. Or Drive By's I call them sometimes ..

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
Working on that Jay. But it's a judgement call in most cases. Some get put in moderation immediately but some sneak thru. After that it's up to the moderators and they have been asked to tighten the belt some. But they are still going to get thru unless we go to a true screening and approval process and no one has that much time.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,487 Posts
So what did he do wrong other than keep crashing his Harley?

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,487 Posts
LOL, nor did I expect you to.

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
Yes, it's a shame as apparently he was just a hit and run anyway as he hasn't responded. He might even be just a troll with a fake problem.

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
I guess it happens that some troll makes up a fake problem regarding a motorcycle or about bikers or whatever to post and then never return, but I fail to understand what the troll would possibly gain by doing this. I participate in a number of firearm and gun rights related forums and on those we see trolls all the time. But there it is at least understandable where virulent anti gun people try to stir things up or bring up mechanical or other issues that are not real so as to (I guess) discourage others from buying or owning guns. But are there really folks that are so anti-motorcycle that they would go to the effort of registering on a motorcycle forum just to post some made up story?

Reactions: Porky

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
I guess it happens that some troll makes up a fake problem regarding a motorcycle or about bikers or whatever to post and then never return, but I fail to understand what the troll would possibly gain by doing this. I participate in a number of firearm and gun rights related forums and on those we see trolls all the time. But there it is at least understandable where virulent anti gun people try to stir things up or bring up mechanical or other issues that are not real so as to (I guess) discourage others from buying or owning guns. But are there really folks that are so anti-motorcycle that they would go to the effort of registering on a motorcycle forum just to post some made up story?

YES. Unfortunately there are.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts