Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Currently on an older Suzuki M50. It is not a bad ride but it is not a real highway cruiser. It would do well with one more gear. Putting around town is great, though. It looks like a bigger bike but is pretty easy to handle. Mostly stock at the moment. I may leave it that was since I would rather put the money into something with more power.

I have my eye on the Adventure style bikes but I am still undecided.

Looking forward to learning and sharing.

Ed

·
Registered
44 Posts
Would love to see pics of your bike.

What motorcycle are you looking at getting? The Royal Enfield Himalayan seems like a good deal. But there seems to be other really good bikes in that category.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GGB100, I had not even seen the Royal Enfield Himalayan until your post. That is an interesting bike. I was in India a couple of times earlier this year and saw a lot of Royal Enfields but the 125 and 250 size. If I had the money I might look at BMWs but bikes like the V-Strom are probably in my price range.

·
Registered
44 Posts
People that have the Himalayan seem to like it and it doesn't break the bank. And I think it looks pretty cool. I'm not really super into that style bike but my tastes change and might eventually. LOL. I do like the utility of a dual sport type bike but I'm more looking at getting into a small bike or even scooter for teaching my kids to ride something and re acclimating myself. It's been a long time since I rode one. I don't like most scooters that you sit flat footed though. I'd prefer one with pegs like a motorcycle but there aren't a lot out there like that.

I wouldn't mind one of these small bikes to start with like a Grom or Z125 but I doubt I'll spend that much on a first bike that might get abused....

But if I eventually start riding more and want to go further I could see liking the Himalayan a LOT. Have you looked at Triumph's version? I think maybe it's called a Tiger? I forget but I'm pretty sure they have an adventure bike.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Tiger_800

1 - 5 of 5 Posts