Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well where do I start? Since I was little, riding on the tank of my dads motorcycle creations, ive had an itch to ride. But with girls and work, money and problems, I never got one.

This all changed when a friend told me "get that dam bike out of my yard! Get it running and I'll give you the title, if not scrap it!". So I took it home. Needless to say with google, and a treetimmer who has to fix everything with a crescent wrench, black tape and odds and ends, I got this darn thing running.

It is a Kawasaki 700ltd. It has alot of miles on it, but it's mine, and its free! OK, well here is what I've done to her. sealed the tank with redcoat, cleaned the carbs, soaked the carbs, checked all the plugs for spark. I thought I had her ready.....not quite.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. What part of the world are you from? Can't believe you're going to leave this thread hanging like that...what's still needed on the bike???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm from ford city , pa.
I didn't want to put the long situation in my introduction.

I put it in the repairs thread.
Long story short, give her gas in second gear or more, and she boggs out and sputters. First gear screams, and if I clutch and rev, she will red line with no problem. I'm going nuts trying to pinpoint it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts