Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dave from Ct. Love to ride. I have a couple vintage bikes 1980 GS750E, 1981 GS650E and a "retro" 2013 CB1100.
I need some input on a deal that has come my way. An older gentleman that has Three (3) 1979 Honda CBX's is looking to sell all 3 together.
One is silver and engine locked-up while idling in the driveway (19k miles). One red with carbs off and disassembled neatly (9k miles). The last silver, also with carbs off and sitting in a drawer (5k miles) All parts are there and the bikes have been sitting in an attached garage for 6 years. He wants 3k for all three. I know this is a good deal and I'm really looking for input/opinions. Thanks

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,109 Posts
Sounds like a lot of work and possible headache. One is toast, a good parts bike. The other two why were they taken apart?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He said they were leaking. He got cancer and can't ride or work on them any longer. You're familiar with the CBX?

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,109 Posts
Not really but you are looking at a 1000 bucks per non running 30+ year old bike.

·
American Legion Rider
21,729 Posts
I'll agree with Critter, way too much for non running bikes. Must be some sentimental aspect or he is just trying to rape some innocent eager newbie. Now if he wanted $1,000, that might be questionable but still maybe too much but possibly. You could potentially get your money back just parting out 2 of them and then try getting the best one running. But there's a lot of work doing that and a long time waiting for people to need parts. Not something I'd want to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts