Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - after years of hearing how much my husband loved his old 1981 Honda GL500i Silverwing, we were driving down the road one day this summer and saw one exactly like it (same year, color, package) for sale so I bought it for him. Today I was at a rummage sale and found two Nolan helmets with intercoms in good shape for $100 each so I bought them. They have cords that have to be plugged into something and the bike doesn't have an audio system or any place to plug them in. So here I am - looking for someone to tell me how to power the helmets :)

PS I'd never been on a bike before. It's FUN!

Nice to meet you all, by the way. :71baldboy:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well it looks like I'm officially an idiot. Their are more parts that have to go with the helmets to make them work. $500 worth of parts. Yeah. Nice.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Time marches on. Today I have a nice wireless SENA SMH10 intercom system to use with my wife. I own a nice Honda CX-500-C from about the same era but no way would I rely on it for communications. For that my SENA bluetooth is the way to go. $500 is outrageous to me. A pair of the SMH10s is only in the low 200s on E-bay or a similar location.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Congrats on finding the bike. Good luck with the helmets. Personally, I wouldn't buy a used helmet but I hope it turns out good for you.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Md. Congrats on the bike. I was thinking of buying a used helmet until I read the post on this site regarding 'used helmets.'

·
Hooker
921 Posts
^ That.

Even if a helmet looks pretty, you never know if it's taken a fall. Plus, unless you can figure out the age of the thing somehow, it may be past its prime and need replacement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts