Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm Daniele from Milano. I have just selled my Motoguzzi GRISO to buy a kawa z1000sx a great bike to daily ride roads all around here but even to medium tour at the moment only in europe.........
I hope to find nice person here and maybe some info because I have a future project in the usa!!!
Ciao

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Welcome Daniele!!!
I have a Kawasaki too, but mine is a 1975 Z1-B 900...
.a "Vintage " Motorcycle. There are MANY folks on here who are helpful! please Post a pic of the bike after you have done 15 posts.
Welcome from the Hills of East Tennessee!!
Ed

·
So long
2,753 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Chapel Hill, North Carolina. You have good taste in bikes. Best of luck with your new z1000sx.

I never made it to Milan, but a couple of years ago I took my family to Levanto and The Cinque Terre. It's so beautiful and the food was amazing!

I hope you enjoy the forum. I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

Ciao

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks!!!!!:71baldboy: I like "vintage" motorcycles .....recently I went at GMG motoguzzi it was full of vintage motorcycle!!!

@ oz. You say right, . Cinque terre is a wonderful place to visit and to eat too like many many many other places here in italy!!!! We have "only" a small economic's problem..... but this isn't the right place to speak about it!!!!!........ahahahaha

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. What kind of project do you have in the USA? Most of the members of the Forum are great folks and always willing to help others. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Moni, my project is to start from New York and to have how destination Key West, not by the coast but reaching some places in West Virginia, Kentuky, Tennesse, Georgia and so on.
I have seen that rent a bike is very expensive than I have to wait the right period even because I have planned at least 3 weeks. For me this is a big project then I have to make the right step first of all improve my english:).......

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Danny, if you can speak as well as you write, your english is good enough to survive in the USA. Yes, motorcycle rentals can be expensive. Key West from New York is a 3 days trip for me but I would not be trying to see everything I could along the way. If you really want to experience the local customs and similar items I think you will find that 3 weeks is not enough. The distance involved will give you huge differences in local customs. In the US, customs will vary a lot in less than 100 miles of travel. General things like room rentals or refueling at gas stations will not change at all from place to place but truly immersing yourself in local customs would be challenging even if you were a native english speaker. I would allow no less than 5 weeks if I was trying to get a real feel for local American customs and practices on a trip that long.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you very much oldman, you have given to me some important information. 5 weeks would be a straordinary opportunity to visit usa by bike and then I have to plan it wery well.
I dont know how many time I need to prepare the necessary things to do an important tour like this but when I have a project in my head I must ( sooner or later ) realize it.
Ciao

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Greetings from the Eastern Coast of the United States! I always wanted to see Italy. Never had the chance. Perhaps one day.
It looks like the cities in Italy are very congested. It must be dangerous to ride a motorcycle there, yes?
-Soupy

Saluti dalla costa orientale degli Stati Uniti ! Ho sempre voluto vedere l'Italia . Mai avuto la possibilità . Forse un giorno.
Sembra che le città in Italia sono molto congestionato . Deve essere pericoloso guidare una moto lì , sì ?
-Soupy

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi soupy, yes the cities here are a terrible place for biker Milano and Rome above all. If you think to come in italy riding some days here you should plan a tour of Toscana or Umbria these are paradise for biker but even for gastronomic pleasure:biggrin:...... and 2 or 3 day you should ride some roads in Dolomiti.......
Ciao

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Hi soupy, yes the cities here are a terrible place for biker Milano and Rome above all. If you think to come in italy riding some days here you should plan a tour of Toscana or Umbria these are paradise for biker but even for gastronomic pleasure:biggrin:...... and 2 or 3 day you should ride some roads in Dolomiti.......
Ciao
Only if I can find a restaurant that serves Cavatelli with a homemade sauce, and meatballs with raisins!!

-Soupy

Solo se riesco a trovare un ristorante che serve Cavatelli con una salsa fatta in casa, e polpette con uvetta !!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only if I can find a restaurant that serves Cavatelli with a homemade sauce, and meatballs with raisins!!

-Soupy

Solo se riesco a trovare un ristorante che serve Cavatelli con una salsa fatta in casa, e polpette con uvetta !!
ahaha...I don't know what meatballs with raisins are , but I'm sure that you will be happy!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
ahaha...I don't know what meatballs with raisins are , but I'm sure that you will be happy!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
There is a family here from Amalfi (sp?) who had sort of "adopted" us (my wife and I and our kids) and consider us like "family."

They (for some reason) always put raisins (dark ones) in their meatballs, and I learned to make them that way. You don't overload the meatballs with them; just a few per..

Believe it or not, it adds a sweetness that is "just right." Doesn't overpower the taste. We even put them in our Braschole (sp?)

-Soupy

C'è una famiglia qui da Amalfi ( sp ? ) Che aveva una sorta di "adottato" noi ( io e mia moglie ei nostri bambini ) e ci considerano come "famiglia ".

Essi ( per qualche motivo ) sempre messo l'uva passa (quelle scure) nelle loro polpette , e ho imparato a fare in quel modo . Non sovraccaricare le polpette con loro ; solo alcuni pro ..

Che ci crediate o no , si aggiunge una dolcezza che è " giusto ". Non saturare il gusto . Abbiamo anche li mettiamo nel nostro Braschole ( sp ? )

-Soupy

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is a family here from Amalfi (sp?) who had sort of "adopted" us (my wife and I and our kids) and consider us like "family."

They (for some reason) always put raisins (dark ones) in their meatballs, and I learned to make them that way. You don't overload the meatballs with them; just a few per..

Believe it or not, it adds a sweetness that is "just right." Doesn't overpower the taste. We even put them in our Braschole (sp?)

-Soupy

C'è una famiglia qui da Amalfi ( sp ? ) Che aveva una sorta di "adottato" noi ( io e mia moglie ei nostri bambini ) e ci considerano come "famiglia ".

Essi ( per qualche motivo ) sempre messo l'uva passa (quelle scure) nelle loro polpette , e ho imparato a fare in quel modo . Non sovraccaricare le polpette con loro ; solo alcuni pro ..

Che ci crediate o no , si aggiunge una dolcezza che è " giusto ". Non saturare il gusto . Abbiamo anche li mettiamo nel nostro Braschole ( sp ? )

-Soupy
ok I know....maybe it is a typical local dish (Amalfi is in Campania) , here we have " casoula" ("ou" in french pronunciation....:biggrin:) "polenta" , Yellow rice (with saffron) and many other heavy dishes.
PS. You shouldn't riding after eating casoula and polenta....ahahaha

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Welcome from Seattle :)

I don't know how much it costs to rent a motorcycle, or how picky you are about what you ride, but it seems to me like it would be cheaper to buy a bike in New York and sell it in Florida.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts