Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

My name is Bill Livingstone, I am 27 and living in Toronto, Ontario. I have never ridden any kind of bike until this past weekend when I took a motorcycle training course and loved it! (And also passed of course). I bought my first bike a month or so ago and it is a 1978 Honda CB400T and needs a bit of work to get it back on the road. Looking forward to meeting others here that I can learn from!

Bill

·
Visionary
2,944 Posts
A 1978 CB400T.. damn I had one of those as my first real bike after riding mopeds, back when we had to dodge the brontosauruses on the freeway :)
Great machine, mine was the T2 with the aluminum wheels and both electric and kick starter, but it's the same bike either way I think. Do you have a picture of yours you can post? Mine is long gone except in memories...

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, i'm excited to get it on the road! Mine is the T2 as well with the rims and electric start so probably a very similar bike to yours! I'll attach a photo of what it looks like right now. I can not figure out for the life of me why mine doesn't have any kind of kickstart on the engine though. I'm positive it's a 78 CB400 but all of the bikes I see photos of have a kickstart as well, but not mine! (not even a spot for one to attach, it's just a metal bump on the engine)

Attachments

·
Visionary
2,944 Posts
That looks good, I bet you are excited!
Mine had the kickstart too, I thought all of them did, maybe someone changed your engine to a different year?

Thanks, i'm excited to get it on the road! Mine is the T2 as well with the rims and electric start so probably a very similar bike to yours! I'll attach a photo of what it looks like right now. I can not figure out for the life of me why mine doesn't have any kind of kickstart on the engine though. I'm positive it's a 78 CB400 but all of the bikes I see photos of have a kickstart as well, but not mine! (not even a spot for one to attach, it's just a metal bump on the engine)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts