Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all im a new rider but have known how to ride for years just got a v star 650 for my first bike will post pics later im from Georgia...i wanted to post in a needs help type forum but have to have 3 posts before you can start a new thread lol....look forward to meeting and chatting with the members here

·
Very Famous Person
9,928 Posts
--

You do understand that you are not allowed to post unless you do so in a southern accent--your being from Georgia. Although you do have 3 names in your handle, so that's a plus.:p

--

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. What did you ride previously? Sounds like you have a great bike to start on. Good Luck!

·
Very Famous Person
9,928 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. What did you ride previously? Sounds like you have a great bike to start on. Good Luck!
--

Thank you for the welcome. I ride two RoadStars. I don't know which one was first. It was great to start on. :wink:

--

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
LOL!!! Hello Ron. Now I know what I've been missing lately. Haven't been able to get on here much. That's got to change. I really do miss everyone.

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts
Be sure to listen to RonK. He's one our more accomplished riders. He alluded to that with the his being able to ride two Roadstars at time most of us can only ride one. And......

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,420 Posts
Better yet ignore Ronk
and

·
Visionary
4,664 Posts
Hey there! Welcome from Pennsylvania. I ride a Vstar 650 as well, great bike, you'll love it.
Do you need help with something on it? Fire away...

hi all im a new rider but have known how to ride for years just got a v star 650 for my first bike will post pics later im from Georgia...i wanted to post in a needs help type forum but have to have 3 posts before you can start a new thread lol....look forward to meeting and chatting with the members here

·
Very Famous Person
9,928 Posts
Be sure to listen to RonK. He's one our more accomplished riders. He alluded to that with the his being able to ride two Roadstars at time most of us can only ride one. And......
--

Yeah. Roman riding is something I picked up in my motorscooter training days. You have to do something hard occasionally to keep fresh. :p

--

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the welcome...i think ronk has took over my post lol...omg yes mike i do need help with it...i made a sync tool with 2 plastic bottles and some hose....but when i put the hoses on the sync ports both bottles collapsed...did i do something wrong??

·
Very Famous Person
9,928 Posts
--

I tried that once with one hose in each nostril. Worked pretty well. I continued to have snot being produced equally. Very important for proper drainage. :biggrin:

--

·
Visionary
4,664 Posts
I didn't do the 2 bottle thing for my synch tool, I made the simple one which is just the loop of clear hose with restrictions in each line. It worked GREAT, we have 2 of these bikes and they run much better now that I synched the carbs.
I roughly followed this http://650ccnd.com/
My working fluid was water with food coloring, but 2 stroke oil might be a better choice. Neither one will hurt the engine if a drop or two gets sucked through the tiny holes in the restrictors, I think I made mine with a 1/32 inch drill bit or something close to that, It was just the first tiny number bit I found in my tool box.

thanks for the welcome...i think ronk has took over my post lol...omg yes mike i do need help with it...i made a sync tool with 2 plastic bottles and some hose....but when i put the hoses on the sync ports both bottles collapsed...did i do something wrong??

·
Visionary
4,664 Posts
Very small. I took pieces of a plastic coat hanger that fit in the hose and drilled very small holes in them. The holes were between 1/16 and 1/32 of an inch. It's not critical, just make them the same.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts