Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's goin' on, guys. I purchased my first bike about 3 weeks ago and I am so excited to go pick it up.

I fell in love with motorcycles after watching Top Gun almost daily since I was 2 years old. I have no riding experience except for when I was in the Air Force my crew and I rented mopeds in Hawaii. That was a ton of fun because you can't go much faster than 30 MPH anyways.

I bought a brand new 2014 Honda CBR500R. I paid $6500 out the door which was pretty high but I didn't care, I wanted the tri color white with red and blue.

So, rather than make a whole new thread, which gear is essential first? Obviously helmet which I already have, but what comes next? Gloves probably?

I've been playing paintball for 13 years so I can recommend what new players need to buy first, but when it comes to motorcycles I have no idea. Here's my plan so far:

Bike (x)
Helmet (x)
Gloves ( )
MSF course ( )
M endorsement ( )
Jacket ( )
Boots ( )
Pants ( )
Bike upgrades (nothing stupid) ( )

Sound about right?

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for your service.

Most times we recommend the MSF course first. When I took the class we had to have our own gloves and boots. They had some helmets for students but everyone had their own. Gad to hear you are taking the course, it's the best place there is to start.

One of the Forum members has a bunch of wonderful Youtube videos. They cover lots of the things you will learn in class. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9qZpXVqpbjGINQP_kStToQ

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been doing a ton of research on YouTube. I'll give him a look later. I guess I could contact the people who run the MSF course and find out what items are required. Thanks for the reply!

·
American Legion Rider
21,140 Posts
I'd put the safety course at the top of your list and then gloves, jacket and boots ALL as the next though. But.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Money is an issue right now. I'm waiting for a paycheck and my taxes to come through. You think the course comes next?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts