Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
04 Tri. Speedmaster, 05 Tri. Tiger
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a retired farmer living in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada and Mazatlan, Mexico. Started riding big bikes about 45 yrs ago and still going today. I currently ride an 04 Triumph Speedmaster and an 05 Triumph Tiger. I also have a 69 BSA Rocket 3, a 69 BSA 441 Victor and a 69 Triumph 250 Trophy. Looking forward to browsing around the sight.

·
On The Road Again!
3,465 Posts
Welcome to the forum from New Jersey, Jack!

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
1,713 Posts
Welcome from Kansas!

·
Premium Member
7,992 Posts
Gidday Jack from the wet left coast. Nice collection of bikes.
My sister in law is in Fort Saskatchewan, mother in law in an old folks home in Edmonton. We blew by your place in January 019 I think, for a visit. In weather that only you local folks understand.
My triumph is a 96 Trophy 900. UK

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The first bike I owned was a Norton 750 Commando, then got a 75 Triumph Trident that I still own. Did the Harley thing in the 70's, 80's and 90's. When they bought Triumph back in the mid 90's I went back to them. These 2 current bikes are the best machines I've ever owned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gidday Jack from the wet left coast. Nice collection of bikes.
My sister in law is in Fort Saskatchewan, mother in law in an old folks home in Edmonton. We blew by your place in January 019 I think, for a visit. In weather that only you local folks understand.
My triumph is a 96 Trophy 900. UK
Someone in town has a 98 Trophy for sale, it's in real nice shape with only 20,000 miles on the clock. I was thinking about it but the wife would cut my throat!

·
Premium Member
7,992 Posts
Someone in town has a 98 Trophy for sale, it's in real nice shape with only 20,000 miles on the clock. I was thinking about it but the wife would cut my throat!
Shirley was out of the country when I bought the Trophy. Seems like a good tactic to me. How much does the guy want for the Trophy, and what size is it. Guy I know has a Trident that he runs at Bonneville. I think he is up to about 160. Partially faired. I knew him for years as a fellow RR owner. Did not know he had a bike. On my lsit of things to do is go to Bonneville. UK

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a 900 and he wants 4500 for it.

·
American Legion Rider
22,195 Posts
WELCOME ON BOARD, and...

We are friendly site here. Well, most of us😁

And thanks for the introduction. We all appreciate it.

·
Visionary
3,963 Posts
Welcome!

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,315 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Done a lot of riding around northern WA, Kettle Falls, Winthrop and area, beautiful down there!

·
Moderator - Motorcycle Repair, Building, Restore
3,874 Posts
Done a lot of riding around northern WA, Kettle Falls, Winthrop and area, beautiful down there!
Nice!!! Granite is on the west side, near Arlington. This weekend I am going hunting near Tonasket, I'm sure you have been through there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You bet, lots of deer around there. Good luck !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My old uncle used to say "It's more about gettin' out than it is about gettin' ". The older I get I see what he meant.

·
Premium Member
7,992 Posts
Used to go thru Tonasket often, on the way to the track near Seattle. Also go there for US Thanksgiving. Parents of friend in Portland live there. Probably used to, as it was a long time ago. Lake Chelan is a pretty area. Went there for fall sailing events. Canuck Thanksgiving just happened. Huge waits at the ferry docks for folks going back to the mainland. Did not help we had large winds and rain last night. Power of here at 0400, just back on. UK

1 - 20 of 24 Posts