Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow saddle tramps,

Driverguy999 here, just joined. Have a 2001 Harley Deuce, too old for all the speed stuff now, done it, survived it, but still love biking. Ex- Emergency Services (West Midlands Ambulance Service) where my fascination with advanced driving began and remains with me today. No, I don't know it all and I don't claim to, but I do have some strong views on driving, especially cars but bikes too. I'm an easy going guy who likes a chat and a laugh :coffee:.

So I hope to see you on the inside, take it easy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks oldvet66, although in fairness I think I have upset one of the members in here. Only been here two minutes and already being chased. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. Anyone trying to learn on a GSXR600 needs their head examined and ones trying to protect him from us crusty old farts might want to take what is said in context and dump in their political correctness hat and pull it over their ears. That new rider is headed for problems. He might have a day where he wished he listened to you. :biggrin:

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I guess us "old farts" just don't need those adrenaline rushes any more. I'd much rather have a cup of coffee or a cold beer. :D

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Not sure what you didn't expect, but if that is your bike she's a beauty. The only things I would change about it is add a windshield and some kind of saddle bags.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure what you didn't expect, but if that is your bike she's a beauty. The only things I would change about it is add a windshield and some kind of saddle bags.
Hi Moni, didn't expect the pic to post, I was under 15 posts and apparently you can't post a pic under 15, but hey.
Thanks for liking the bike, yup, just as soon as I can find the bags I'm looking for, they will be on there (so much rubbish out there at the moment). I don't like windshields, I just think they take away from this model, that having been said, riding back from London tonight, I would have given my soul for one, so freakin cold and windy. Kinda took the pleasure out of the journey a little, but only a little. She is a pleasure to ride, she handles so well it surprised me when I first got her. Sorry, all my bikes are she, I never ride anything that could be a he, know what I mean LMAO. :coffee:

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
I know a lot of bikes look better without a windshield but any bike I own will have one. They help so much in cold, rain, bugs and keeping my eyes from watering.

My bike is definitely a she, only a female can be as gentle and forgiving one minute then turn around and give you such thrills the next minute like she can. :D :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know a lot of bikes look better without a windshield but any bike I own will have one. They help so much in cold, rain, bugs and keeping my eyes from watering.

My bike is definitely a she, only a female can be as gentle and forgiving one minute then turn around and give you such thrills the next minute like she can. :D :D
:smiley_drinkcoffee: LMAO, I'll drink to that. You got me thinking now Moni, maybe I should invest in a quick release screen for the longer journeys, take it off for bar hoppin'. Hmmm thinking on that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Jake. Plate looks better to the side than dropping over the rear wheel from the rear fender I think. I guess I'll know soon enough if the police over here like it, I reckon they won't lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They tolerate it over here along with alternate locations for the inspection sticker, so I can't believe they would be that hide bound over there.
Hi oldvet66, well you'd be wrong man, police over here now are so dependent on Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) cameras, that if your plate doesn't conform they will nail you. On two counts in my case, 1) the plate itself doesn't conform to legal requirements because it's too small, 2) I'm guessing something about not being visible from both sides or something equally obscure lol. We'll see, it'll be worth the fine, cust I love the plate and location. Small minded I know, but I reckon I earned the right hehe. :coffee:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts