Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
lost
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going? Got shown this place by another new member.

Started out on my brother's Rupp Sprint minibike years ago. That and another brother's '69 Bonnie sitting in the garage got me hooked.

·
lost
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to add:
Current rides
1998 Valkyrie, black of course
1989 GB500
1978 CB750K
Soon to be running
1977 HD XLCR
1976 BMW R75/6 sidecar rig
And a few other projects

·
lost
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is one thing I love about motorcycles. I could be addicted to cars and have ONE. Instead I've got an addiction to motorcycles and have a garage full. I suspect I paid more for my F250 than I paid for the purchase of all of those bikes combined.* OTOH, the $1800 I paid for the 750 new, reduced to move it off the floor, in 1979 would buy more then than now.

I did omit a 1975 RD350 from the running list. I plan on selling it in the spring once the weather is more conducive to tire changing outside in the sun.
My shop ain't heated so the ol' fingers really don't like working in the cold.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Welcome to the forum from across town. I'm in Bowie, Md.:biggrin: I've lived in Md for 19 years and have not been to the Eastern shore yet. That's on my list this season for sure.

·
American Legion Rider
21,150 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hey to my old pal Bwana, at least one more of us has already made it here from another spam ridden forum, my plan of getting all my friends from there to take over this forum are coming to fruition.

·
lost
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Be careful who you claim Rebeldog! Once they decide I'm a big PITA you're subject to being found guilty by association.

I dunno about you, but I'm glad to see this white stuff going away. It is leaving a lot of muck behind. I've got to watch where I step around the property as I might need to be pulled from a mud pit. This is one occasion where the wind is a welcomed weather phenomenon. It helps suck the moisture out of ground. I'm on old farm land that has had years of chicken manure spread on it. Gets a bit slippery when wet. Dirt bikes tend to spend a lot of time laying on their sides in it. Quads are another story though.

Thanks to all for the welcome.

Jahuth, I've been out here since 1987. I came here from Tennessee by way of northern Baltimore Co on the career trajectory.

Cut my teeth riding dirt bikes around Percy Priest Lake outside of Nashville in the '70s.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Don't worry Bwana, I think they have already figured me out by now. You might want to keep the ten foot pole between us as a lot of these people like guns and I'm not sure how well they aim yet. Damn after looking around the Maryland contingent is sure growing. Maybe a group hug will be coming soon.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,818 Posts
Welcome aboard from the Western shore

1 - 12 of 12 Posts