Motorcycle Forum banner
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

· Registered
630 Posts
One night in the mid-80's I rode my 1982 Kawasaki GPz750 to a keg party held in a back parking lot. After an hour or so the beer ran out so a collection was taken for a run down to the late night beer depot. I had fired up the bike to follow the pickup when this drunk guy came up and asked if he could ride on the back. He was rather short and thin so I thought "why not" and motioned with my helmeted head to jump on.

The route passed through my favorite freeway intersection, nicely cambered running down then up to the merge. Fully neglecting the guy.on back I dropped a gear to pass the truck and cranked in full throttle. As the front wheel came up I felt a THUNK under both armpits. Looking down I saw the tips of two cowboy boots!! In a panic I chopped throttle while grabbing front brake...THUNK his head then smacked the back of my helmet.

When we pulled in to the beer joint the guys in the truck were laughing as they described the guy spread eagle with his head behind the taillight. I think his cowboy boots saved his life (and me a trip to jail)
Modify message

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Brake

· Registered
630 Posts
Don't tease Carny, go for it
Ok,. One evening a few months later this big name heavy metal was playing that night (Saxon and Accept I think) so I was riding back and forth on the GPz looking for my buddy in the long line of people waiting for tickets when this chunky kid asked for a ride. You would think I had learned already. He got on then yelled "POP A WHEELIE" loud enough for others to hear. Of course now I HAD to. I went to one end of the parking lot, got rolling, clutch and gunned it, and the next thing I knew the front wheel went vertical with this kid holding onto my t-shirt. We went the entire length of the crowd like that until it got too slow to stay moving and crashed sideways to cheers. The kid got up, pumped a bleeding arm yelling ROCK AND ROLL!

· Registered
4,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
On Fox News, not twenty minutes ago, they were giving the terrible corona virus stats, plus the stats at the University of Arkansas. First time I've heard this category, "137 cases were self reported." Self reported? No explanation on how someone does this, but reported as a fact. Well, do they really have it, how do you know? Will they still have it tomorrow, or will they feel better? I'm sure that won't be reported.

· Registered
630 Posts
In the late 90's I rode my CB750F from San Antonio to Austin to catch a NIN-David Bowie concert at the now defunct Southpark Meadows. I had to work the next morning. On my way home headed south on IH-35 after midnight I fell asleep on the tank and was awoken by the RUMP RUMP RUMP of rumble strips on the shoulder. WHEW

· Premium Member
8,513 Posts
A bicycle rider on the big island, filed a lawsuit against the insurance company of BC. He claimed he suffered physical and emotional injuries from an unproven hit and run. He later added as defendants: the Queen, the prime minister, the premier of BC, the supreme court, elections BC, the local hospital and some others.
The plaintiffs demands included: An audience with the queen, the suspension of trade with China, the dismantling of transport Canada, the postponement of an election, the release of classified documents, the cleaning up of the swamp, the reconstruction of the RCMP, an MRI of his entire body, 500,000 Tesla shares and $32 trillion dollars.
The judge said his claims were not reasonable. That is the short version. UK

· Registered
630 Posts
Wow! Talk about a rude awakening!
A light pole would have been even more rude!

A story I heard from another paramedic out in the ER ambulance parking:
A woman was driving along at night on a portion of SE Military Dr in San Antonio popular with outlaw drag racers when a loud motorcycle passed her with nobody on it. Seems the rider was bucked off his drag bike at way over 100 MPH. Suffice to say he didn't make it.

· Administrator - American Legion Rider - KA5LRS
22,560 Posts
In the late 90's I rode my CB750F from San Antonio to Austin to catch a NIN-David Bowie concert at the now defunct Southpark Meadows. I had to work the next morning. On my way home headed south on IH-35 after midnight I fell asleep on the tank and was awoken by the RUMP RUMP RUMP of rumble strips on the shoulder. WHEW
Well at least you didn't see big huge fuzzy worms crawling across the road. I stopped at the very next wide spot in the road and got a couple hours sleep after that AND waking up before I went off the road a few times trying to miss those big huge fuzzy worms.

· Registered
2022 Suzuki Dr 650
1,463 Posts
Ive done that, and most if not all the dum things you can do on a bike. A few months back i went to walk/taxi my bike onto the tarmac for a better launch as i often do. One problem.. I forgot steering lock was on, and i nearly dumped the bike. 🙄

Reactions: -Nate

· Zip
3,191 Posts
Last night I was working in the garage, changing the rear brake pads on our Nissan Rogue. I had my socket set on the floor where I was working. I got up to go fetch another tool and, clumsy me, kicked the socket set. Sockets went rolling across the floor, but thankfully not very far; it took me only a minute to gather them all. Except one. Want to guess which one it was?

That's right: the 10mm. I kid you not.

I searched high and low for 10 minutes and finally found it. The little rascal, he almost got away.

· Administrator - American Legion Rider - KA5LRS
22,560 Posts
I don’t know what it is about those darn 10mm sockets but they can vanish far too easy. Like they have a mind of their own. The dang little rascals!!! :devil:

81 - 100 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.