Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new (used) 2008 Kawasaki Concours been in the garage a week and a half I still haven't ridden.

Tires didn't arrive for installation before I departed for Durango.

Today's Sunday, dealership isn't open.

Bought the tires at Superstore and had 'em drop shipped to the dealer I prefer.

Front tire on the thing is so bad I really don't want to ride it over 30mph on secondaries over to the dealer. Warren warned me off of it.... looks like the original tire, in really bad shape.

So how about other SOB STORIES.

Who else is DOING CHORES while you wait for parts, the dealership to open, whatever?

·
A legend in his own mind
2,600 Posts
Yep same here, no riding till the roads clear. My avatar pretty much shows how it is right now.
(and no that isn't my poor bike out in the snow)

So I'm keeping busy with other activities like shoveling and making chainmail out of soda can tops...and of course the forum:thumbsup:

·
American Legion Rider
21,107 Posts
Calving season here. Now till the middle of next month is guard duty to make sure all my girls deliver and keep watch for coyotes. Locked and loaded as it were. First few days can be tricky.

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
Calving season here. Now till the middle of next month is guard duty to make sure all my girls deliver and keep watch for coyotes. Locked and loaded as it were. First few days can be tricky.
Get a donkey and don't worry about the coyotes.

I am going to change my rear tire next weekend when the weather gets above freezing. Shouldn't take but an hour in the basement.

Next year, a Weaver tire machine will be anchored in the barn, that is a slick tool that doesn't scratch aluminum rims like the dealers do.

·
American Legion Rider
21,107 Posts
Get a donkey and don't worry about the coyotes.

I am going to change my rear tire next weekend when the weather gets above freezing. Shouldn't take but an hour in the basement.

Next year, a Weaver tire machine will be anchored in the barn, that is a slick tool that doesn't scratch aluminum rims like the dealers do.
I'll get a donkey when they don't need hoof care. I have considered it but I won't neglect them like I see some doing. This way gives me an excuse to shoot.:thumbsup:

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
I understand the shooting thing, but I don't need vermin to come up with that excuse. We are getting $25 a pelt this year though.

If they have enough room to keep moving around, they only need to be trimmed a couple times a year at the most.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Just put a new blue-dot tail light on while I wait out this damned rain. 50 and dry in a few days...I'll be scootin' then.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Honda Shadow 600 tires

In the snow belt so MC in garage on jack stands and removed old tires and placed in basement so installing new tires and balancing in my nice warm basement. I am also going to rebuild my seat. My big ### took it's toll.

Trying to teach my kids about tire removal and install so they can learn something. They are so hooked on video games.

Very cold in the windy city lately so happy to be inside.

Was thinking about bringing it into basement since I have a backyard step down entrance but bringing about 450 lbs down freaks me out a little.

·
Premium Member
7,601 Posts
Chores

I lifted the spare Yamaha out of the back of my truck. It is an 81 XS1100 Midnight Special. First I had to cut down a tree and peel for a cross beam. And peel a log for a post. plant the log, and attach the cross beam up high. Then carry two chain hoists up the ladder to the cross beam, after attaching two chains to hold them.
After all that I lifted out the spare bike but could not wheel it anywhere as only had a rim up front. So I mounted the spare tyre I had, onto the rim and added some air. Tubeless are a pain to add air as it leaks a lot at first until the tyre makes good contact with the rim. Bike was near impossible to push, so I removed the rear brake caliper. Took the 4 into 1 pipes off for consideration. Then parked the spare Yami. Noticed the engine has " Good 38K " written on it.
That will be kilometers. So engine, gear box, rear end and front forks should all be in good condition.

Real quick I will be checking the steering head bearings for adjustment on my XS400. It will be seeing duty on Thursday, and possibly another land speed record attempt. This after many main jet changes as a result of altering the air filter system.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
A friend of mine is doing a remodel on a house she bought to flip, so I guess I'll ride over and lend a hand. Should be mid 70's today. Hope I don't sweat too much.

·
American Legion Rider
21,107 Posts
Or you could just come over and cut firewood with me.:D

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
My bike has been at the dealer since mid-November and is finally fixed. I had a small oil leak that after a great deal of evaluation and then communication with Triumph is fully covered by my warranty. Triumph had to ship new engine parts for the dealer to replace. Its been so long since I've ridden that I worry I might have forgotten how to ride!

And now that the bike is done, the weather is terrible, and worse (for me) is that I have to go into the hospital tomorrow for major surgery (kidney cancer unfortunately). I've been told that riding is out of the question for probably 6 weeks, which will get me to about the beginning of March! This has really been a bummer.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,790 Posts
Hang in there, 6 weeks is a drop in the bucket compared to a lifetime in the military.

Thoughts and prayers your way

·
American Legion Rider
21,107 Posts
We'll be praying for you vito. Hang in there and you'll be riding sooner than you know. But I do know just how long that is too. It can seem like for ever.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My bike has been at the dealer since mid-November and is finally fixed. I had a small oil leak that after a great deal of evaluation and then communication with Triumph is fully covered by my warranty. Triumph had to ship new engine parts for the dealer to replace. Its been so long since I've ridden that I worry I might have forgotten how to ride!

And now that the bike is done, the weather is terrible, and worse (for me) is that I have to go into the hospital tomorrow for major surgery (kidney cancer unfortunately). I've been told that riding is out of the question for probably 6 weeks, which will get me to about the beginning of March! This has really been a bummer.
It may be six weeks until I can ride due to weather. :)

You will be remembered in prayer.

One reason I did not get my prostate removed was I could ride to my radiation treatments. (But it was low on the list :()

·
"Young Grasshopper"
351 Posts
My big brother went crazy and cussed me out and thew some stuff at me so I left on my bike for about 3 hours, only rode on the street. And now im grounded from my bike. :(

·
Registered
183 Posts
ShreddersApprentice, walking is great in if trying to get away from family. :biggrin:

Hope you get along better with your bother and get back to the bike soon.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts