Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on a decent helmet I can fit into my saddlebag as a back up/rider helmet? I've seen some half helmets in stores for like 75 but again this is a back up or for a rider and one that I can fit in my saddle bag. I have a full face that flips up and that is what I will wear most of the time but I might wear the half for kicking around but most likely it is going be for the girl who says take me for a ride... So I'm looking for something under $50, as much under as possible, otherwise I can just go buy one in a store but I would like something that I feel like I'm protecting a rider as much as possible. A link would be great.

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
I don't think there are any that will fit in a standard size saddlebag. A half helmet will take up the least amount of space. You should be able to find a basic DOT approved one for around $50 if you shop online.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
If you are buying it for a passenger, it should be properly fitted to their heads, too big, no protection, too small, well they aren't going to get it on!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Busted lol. Women can't seem to help themselves from asking for a ride when they see a guy on a bike and I'm a man of the people so I must give them what they want, then I'll take them on my bike.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Many girls will want you to wear some type of protection anyway. Its only fair to offer some protection for her head as well.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
If you look for a good helmet for your passengers, get a one size fits all stocking cap and tell them its DOT approved... if they buy it, tell them you are joking.

If they don't buy it and want a real helmet, tell them its not free, and give them plenty of options.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Bell makes 2 adjustable helmets, $100+, but most likely a small or medium half shell will fit your purposes good enough.

http://www.leatherup.com/c/Outlaw-Helmets/2/131.html

There are a couple with built in visors for $40, probably a good idea in case they don't wear glasses.

My wife requires that when I go out girl shopping that I ride the Custom, hottest looking babe bike.........with a solo seat

1 - 14 of 14 Posts