Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me start by sending my utmost love and respects to one and all for being the group of people you are. It's what makes the wheels keep turning and sometimes we forget and need a pat on the back. With that said I picked my wife up a sportster 95 883 and it needs a battery cover which I find easy enough however my question is how does it mount? Is there a strap or band that is what's used to hold it in place or is there another top piece that brings it altogether? Before I buy the one piece which has front and 2 sides I want to see if I'm going to need another piece either a band ,strap ,or top so I can get the whole pie at 1 time. Any and all input is always appreciated. Ride free and stay on on rubber.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
There is a strap which goes over the top of the battery, tightens down, and holds it in place. There is also a battery cover, either chrome or black for that bike, (I can't remember which,) which you don't absolutely need, but if you don't have it you'll have to put something under the hold down strap to take up the extra room. I keep some pieces of battery foam on hand for doing that. (And if you do that, make sure you put something over the battery positive terminal so it doesn't accidentally contact the frame.)

I just happen to have a P&A catalog open looking for parts for a friend's bike. The OEM part number for the strap is 66476-73A. The cover is 66359-80, or 66339-80. (Grease stain in my book so I'm not sure of the second number.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts