Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this may seem like a dumb question, but I'm new to this, so I thought I would ask so I can learn.

I just dewinterized the bike. It was its first winter. Put in the battery, checked everything, and it started right up. The only thing wrong is that the headlight won't work. It was working when I put her away in the fall. All of the other lights work. I checked the bulb, and it seems fine. Are there fuses specific to the headlight I can check? It didn't say anything about it in my Clymer's. Before I go buy a new headlight, I thought I would check all of the other possibilities out.

Thanks.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,518 Posts
High and low beam both out or only one not working?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neither is working, and the horn isn't working either. Just checked the two fuses in the fuse box under the right side of the seat, and they seem to be fine.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,518 Posts
Sometimes fuses can look good and aren't. Do you have a multimeter to check both sides of the fuse and the light connections?

·
Banned
15 Posts
The only thing wrong is that the headlight won't work. It was working when I put her away in the fall. All of the other lights work. I checked the bulb, and it seems fine.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
If the bulb works and the battery is charged then the problem is either with the

fuse
wiring
ignition switch
hi/low selector switch
bulb socket
ground connection for horn/headlight

Suggest you get someone handy with a multi-meter to show you in 2 minutes or less where your problem is instead of trying to get schooled on the intertubes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts