Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. My name is Adam. I am a 21 year old enlisted crew chief in the Air Force. I just purchased my first bike, a 1985 Honda CB650sc nighthawk and I have a handful of questions that my bike’s manual answers but not with the answers id like. Here is what my manual shows. Pretty straightforward.

I absolutely love Firestone’s deluxe champion front and rear tire and would love to outfit my bike with a set if I am able to without endangering myself (too much). Here’s my questions

1. Can I put a tube type tire on a tube less rim?
2. The Firestone deluxe champion rear tire comes 5.00-16 which is factory standard BUT the front tire only comes fit for a 19 inch rim in size 3.25-19 or 4.00-19 when factory standard is 3.5-19. Can I get away with either of those similar front tire sizes? If so which one would be recommended?

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Contacted Coker and they said 3.25/19 is the equivalent of 100/90/19 in vintage bike tire, for future reference. Thanks for steering me in the right direction George

·
Registered
977 Posts
Glad it worked out and you have the answer you need. Also, Thank You for your service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts