1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
carbs are clean
the hose from the petcock to carb does not suck the fuel to carbs
when I take off the carb covers and put gas directly into carbs, starts
I blew into the hose from the petcock and for some reason its blocked when covers are on carbs
help.
thank you!

·
MOD / Rider / Mechanic
1,506 Posts
What type of Ninja do you have? The first and second gen Ninja 500 is gravity fed, while they did have a fuel pump on some of the 600's and 750's I think. Since it is a bit more popular model to have gravity fed with a Petcock can only assume it is as such. If it has not been ran for a while most common crud in the tank plugs the tank filter/screens. Next common bit is the vacuum diaphragm fail not opening the petcock to the carbs... and can also fail and not shut the fuel off flooding the engine. Surprisingly the most most common operator mistake causing fail is the removal and installation of the rubber hose placing a tiny lil shard of the rubber into the fuel rail and or jets plugging it/them. There are a lot of option a lot more than just putting fuel into the carbs. Most of them require to have the stock air box connected properly for the fuel to meter into the carbs properly. More info on what you have done and if it has ran for you and how much it ran and how well and the type and model of biek would help more so also.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What type of Ninja do you have? The first and second gen Ninja 500 is gravity fed, while they did have a fuel pump on some of the 600's and 750's I think. Since it is a bit more popular model to have gravity fed with a Petcock can only assume it is as such. If it has not been ran for a while most common crud in the tank plugs the tank filter/screens. Next common bit is the vacuum diaphragm fail not opening the petcock to the carbs... and can also fail and not shut the fuel off flooding the engine. Surprisingly the most most common operator mistake causing fail is the removal and installation of the rubber hose placing a tiny lil shard of the rubber into the fuel rail and or jets plugging it/them. There are a lot of option a lot more than just putting fuel into the carbs. Most of them require to have the stock air box connected properly for the fuel to meter into the carbs properly. More info on what you have done and if it has ran for you and how much it ran and how well and the type and model of biek would help more so also.

Welcome to the forum.
2010 ninja 250r yes it ran when I put the gas into the carbs. the carbs are clean. I took the covers off the carbs put gas in them to run it. runs fine like that. I put the covers back on and it isn't getting gas to carbs. like I said I blew into the gas inlet hose and it didn't blow thru. took of the inlet hose and it blows thru, when its not connected. I connect it and then I cant blow thru it
Lizzy

·
MOD / Rider / Mechanic
1,506 Posts
According to the spec sheet I am reading, the 2010 is fuel injected?

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
^ I'm seeing a couple of carbs on the 2010 250.
May want to verify that the petcock is operational.

·
MOD / Rider / Mechanic
1,506 Posts
^ I'm seeing a couple of carbs on the 2010 250.
May want to verify that the petcock is operational.

You are correct I must have been looking at a Non-US model I apologize, found this:
Though the previous generation Ninja 250 had a peak power advantage of 1 to 5 hp (0.75 to 3.73 kW),[5][11][12] the new version's 20 or 30 percent increase in mid-range power allows the bike to pull from 3,000 rpm where previously it had to be revved to 4,000 rpm.[13] The U.S. -J model uses dual carburetors like the -F model, but the European, Brazilian and Thai models have fuel injection. The wheels were increased in size to 17 inches, the front suspension was improved, and the brake rotors were replaced with a larger petal shape. On the carbureted version, a fuel gauge was added in place of the temperature gauge. With the additional and redesigned equipment, the EX250-J suffered a 10 kg (22 lb) increase in wet weight over its predecessors.

Reactions: bpe
1 - 6 of 6 Posts