Motorcycle Forum banner

Help need some advice

783 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  hogcowboy
3
I bought a head light on amazon for my iron 883 the next day my battery was dead...new bike less than a week old ....could the light be draining the battery?

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Doubt is the light draining the Battery .. Well worth investing a few bucks into a Deltran Battery Tender Jr Tender , or Similar .. Been keeping mine tended with them for over 10 Years with Great Results .. Testing the Battery for Condition as well is an option should try .. Can find Brand New Batteries not up to par anymore .. Happened to me twice ..
One way to tell if there is any kind of draw on your battery is to remove a terminal connection and see if there is any kind of spark between the battery post and the connector. When conducting the test the key and power switch need to be off. Any spark and you have a draw somewhere. No spark and your problem is elsewhere.
Was it plug and play or did you have to modify anything to install it? Check and make sure you didn't short anything out.
Was it plug and play or did you have to modify anything to install it? Check and make sure you didn't short anything out.
I just plug it in...I might just return the light
Doubt is the light draining the Battery .. Well worth investing a few bucks into a Deltran Battery Tender Jr Tender , or Similar .. Been keeping mine tended with them for over 10 Years with Great Results .. Testing the Battery for Condition as well is an option should try .. Can find Brand New Batteries not up to par anymore .. Happened to me twice ..
I'm going to call the dealer and tell them what happen
  • Like
Reactions: 1
I just plug it in...I might just return the light


Highly unlikely it鈥檚 the light.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just plug it in...I might just return the light
If you want to return the light because it isn't doing what you thought it would, return it stating that. But don't fake electrical problems for reason to return it unless you have proof it is causing problems. Get your battery back to full charge and just disconnect the light for a couple of days. That should prove it is or isn't the light. All though there is still a chance you pinched a wire so no guarantee there either. But at least you will have made an effort.
There wasn't a lot of room inside of my 5 3/4 bucket when I first tried the put my LED light in it. The heat exchange on the back of the light was too big to fit in there with the stock plug. I had to cut it off and put individual connectors on the leads so that everything would fit in there.
I've read where some have cut the back of bucket out too. If there's a will there's a way.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top