Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for answers for a while, and I’ve gotten two completely different answers as to why it could be. One is some sort of Harley Davidson collaboration, and the second one was that it is a Kymco. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,772 Posts
Yes, the engine looks like the Kymco 125; the rest looks like it's from the decade small HD look-alikes were the rage.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yep. Chinese engine. Good luck finding out which one. The same Company will make 1,000 engines and have 1,000 different names.

For a second there, I thought you had that rare Kieth Black super secret racing engine. lol.

·
Driftless Rider
1,554 Posts
There is one of those cruising around SW Wisconsin. I thought it was a garage build/hack.

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
I recently saw one of those for sale on Wisconsin and Illinois Craigslist. It's definitely a Chinese engine on a Chinese bike.

Unfortunately, due to how Chinese firms operate you can have hundreds of companies making the same exact bike. On My Way Motor is one company. Saferwholesale in Canada and Chicago also imports the things.

Reactions: ketchboy

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have been looking for answers for a while, and I’ve gotten two completely different answers as to why it could be. One is some sort of Harley Davidson collaboration, and the second one was that it is a Kymco. What do you think?
It kind of reminds me of the Harley Sprints produced mid 60s to mid 70s. I think Harley went in with an Italian company to build these bikes. Seat and frame on yours looks totally different from the stock Sprints I've seen but I see some engine similarities.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,142 Posts
It's the brand new Harley Davidson Sportster 'LIGHT,' made for the little Folks in Asia:grin:

Sam:nerd:

·
Biker
1,624 Posts
YUP, It looks like it has traces of Honda I don't imagine it runs, if it does, good luck but just ride it in the driveway.
It looks like a hodge-podge of various brands of Chinese bikes, I could never entertain the idea of owing a Chinese
bike, too chintsy ! Got lots of respect for Honda and I rode an M50 made by Suzuki for a 150 miles, I liked that bike.

·
Biker
1,624 Posts
Hello Mr. Porkster

Actually I like Chinese food, got a place up around the corner 'Wok an Roll' Hell maybe they got something right for
a change, I never got sick from eating Egg Foo young or beef an broccoli or wanton soup an brown rice or a dozen
other plates they do up, I just won't buy anything else from them, like bikes, toothpaste, dog food or wall board.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Me rika Chinee food? OMG! I've never been so offended in my life! Even Mel Brooks would find that statement offensive. As soon as I finish my Global Human Acceptance Studies homework, and have dinner that my Mom made, I'm coming out of my basement and am going to protest.

I'm going to fire up my Ying Jouw Baka Soo 50cc scooter and ride it to the end of the driveway. From there I'll take public transportation to the corner of 'Porky and Raciest' so I can protest (at least till my Mom calls and says I have to come home). Who's with me?

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
I'm pretty sure I can see the plate on the side of the steering neck that contains all the info you should need for ID. Simple vin search should provide the answer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking at you bike in the post. It's not harley i have a 1969 cb77 honda and the carburator on it looks similar to the one on yours i don't know much more than this sorry

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
Google images "Lifan 50cc cruiser" Made by Lifan, sold under a separate company using the K B badge.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts