Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need help identifying a patch as seen on a leather vest. This is the only picture i can find on the internet and it’s blurry and hard to make out. Just hoping someone can recognize the design for me. It is a black-border circle patch that is white in the center with a red design. There is a banner across the middle which may read “Harley Davidson” but i’m not sure about that. Thanks

Note: The song and album this image belongs to was released in 2007. This means that the patch will be from 2007 or older. (Most likely pre-2007 considering the wear/distress and discoloration of the vest).

·
Short Fuse
421 Posts
It's a vest owned by the lead singer of Godsmack. His Harley is a 1998 Heritage Softail. So, maybe it's a vest made for him in the 90's for the album cover.

Edit: You already knew who it belonged to - but establishing when it was made would be impossible unless you contacted Sully Erna. For sure he has Twitter - ask him.

·
Short Fuse
421 Posts
Is this a man crush thing? :unsure:
I kind of get where the OP is coming from. Lots of guys have tried to replicate the Harleys Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper rode in Easy Rider.

Many people like to emulate their heros....be it cars, motorcycles, hair styles and/or tattoos. It's not my thing - but it's the persons personal decision.

That's why I have tried to help the OP. Costs me nothing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a vest owned by the lead singer of Godsmack. His Harley is a 1998 Heritage Softail. So, maybe it's a vest made for him in the 90's for the album cover.

Edit: You already knew who it belonged to - but establishing when it was made would be impossible unless you contacted Sully Erna. For sure he has Twitter - ask him.
Thanks for the help, i tried instagram a few weeks ago before coming here, but got nothing. Just tried Twitter but it seems he hasn’t posted since 2020.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is this a man crush thing? :unsure:
No man crush here, I like the look of the bike and the vest and I was thinking about replicating the album cover when i’m finished. Always been a big Godsmack fan. I guess this is just what happens when you’re bored all the time and have nothing better to do haha

·
Short Fuse
421 Posts
Thanks for the help, i tried instagram a few weeks ago before coming here, but got nothing. Just tried Twitter but it seems he hasn’t posted since 2020.
Ah...well, it was worth a try. Maybe try contacting the other band members, for sure someone will know.

·
Short Fuse
421 Posts
Dunno about the patch, but those colors look like a Sunshine Daydream poster.
The Sun logo was part of the Godsmack image for years. It's arguable that it is a similar 'sun' rendition to that of Alice in Chains - but there are many differences between the two.

For me, the Godsmack one is far cooler.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you ride motorcycles?
My father had a bike that I rode maybe 4 times a month or more (didn’t have a motorcycle endorsement on my license at the time, luckily never got pulled over). It was an orange 2000s Screamin Eagle Deuce. He sold it a while back and now that i’m on my own I’m saving for my own. Found this forum to try and expand my knowledge and get more into the community. Currently saving for a 97-99 Softail as it’s my personal favorite look, gonna try and replicate it to Sully Erna’s

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Well I wouldn't go by album cover artwork, if there was anything that the record company would have to pay money for or catch flack for printing they would photoshop it to make is go away, just like I suspect they did with the big patch on his jacket that totally does Not look embroidered, but it sure does look retouched.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
If he was wearing a big Hog patch or a trade marked recognizable motorcycle gang patch, do you think a record company would print that on thousands of album covers to sell?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I wouldn't go by album cover artwork, if there was anything that the record company would have to pay money for or catch flack for printing they would photoshop it to make is go away, just like I suspect they did with the big patch on his jacket that totally does Not look embroidered, but it sure does look retouched.
I have another image of the album cover that shows the sun more clearly, it almost looks printed or painted on, as it’s yellowed and worn, but definitely not a patch. As for the circular red patch, i thought it was just bad quality. I believe the sun is real because you can see the middle seam of the vest clearly go through the sun. Picture below

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If he was wearing a big Hog patch or a trade marked recognizable motorcycle gang patch, do you think a record company would print that on thousands of album covers to sell?
Everything aside do you have any idea on how else i can find the patch? I doubt i’ll be able to figure out what the patch is based off of photos. I’ve contacted sully through instagram and twitter, contacted godsmack on twitter, and tried other ways to contact him. I’ve got nothing. Should i just find another patch with similar colors that i like?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts