Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought a 2018 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports with out DCT. My registration only states the model as "CRF1000".

The problem is when I go to any motorcycle parts websites, there are 8 different CRF1000 sub models. I've tried searching my vin on cyclevin.com but it still comes back as CRF1000.

I took a screen shot with the many different sub models. Any help or insight would be appreciated

Edit: I'm not sure why but the pic wont load for me so I've just copied them

CRF1000A 2AC,
CRF1000A 3AC,
CRF1000A AC,
CRF1000A2 4AC,
CRF1000D 2AC,
CRF1000D 3AC,
CRF1000D AC,
CRF1000D2 4AC

Note:Fixed it. For some reason it had a file type of download. Removed that and left the file type of jpg and all is well.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
The problem is when I go to any motorcycle parts websites, there are 8 different CRF1000 sub models. I've tried searching my vin on cyclevin.com but it still comes back as CRF1000.
Disclaimer: I know very little about Honda bikes and even less about the AT.

As you know, the VIN is on the headstock.

Check the plate on the frame (right rear).

Check plate or sticker on frame front down tube.

Check under the seat for paint colour code. Honda sometimes
have the model number here as well.

Check the model identification section of the Honda service manual.
This is already floating around the Internet in PDF form.

In general, Honda model numbers use these references:

A = ABS
D = Dual-clutch transmission

A quick search for the other *AC codes led me to an AT forum
which suggests that these codes relate to the colour scheme
of the bike.
https://africatwin.org/forum/threads/honda-africa-twin-model-code-list.1848/

·
Registered
454 Posts
The "C" is for USA california models. If you go on a parts site like partzilla, and search for your bike and look at the c model, you'll see they have more emissions related components. At least thats how it is for my honda vtx. There is an A and a AC. The one with c has all kinds of extra parts on the air injection (pair valve ). Hope that helped

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the replys guys. I was finally able to get a response on the Africa twin forum, which is kind of dead.

My bike is a CRF1000A 2AC
the "A" stands for ABS/TC. the "2" stands for the "Adventure Sports" trim package and the "AC" is the destination code, USA/Canada.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts