Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Bike is weird - it is a K75T (I think - there is a plate riveted to the frame that says it was imported and that it is a K75C but it looks exactly like a K75T) and I have found a fellow who is making a cafe racer out of a K75S - he is willing to sell me the fairing but I wonder if it'll fit. I wonder if the tank is the same on the k75S and the K75T.

Where can I find this stuff out> Can a K75T easily become a K75S?

This is from wikipedia but it looks just like mine
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fb/BMW_k75t.jpg

·
Registered
182 Posts
Youll be in over head on this one, just keep your eyes up for a S model. any piddly little part that only cost $10 here $15 there on a jap bike is more like $75, $100, $1,000 + if you need the abs module, fuel injection module, engine / transmission module. it will be cheaper to trade or buy. your bike will only hold its value if its in operating condition and not beat up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks - I will look for an s

I got a good deal from a good guy who was selling the bike I bought. i think his Dad had it for a 30 years and slowly stopped riding and a few things got rundown. I got it for $1200 and after buying and replacing the gears in the odometer and fixing a pesky ground fault it has been quite dependable.

Really and truly - it is just a better and nicer and more pleasing windshield that would probably satisfy me.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
182 Posts
ive been haveing troubles with my K series, the part i priced that might be the problem, the fuel injection module one of the parts you would have to swap to convert is $1,700 at Go az motorcycles in scottsdale az.

·
Registered
182 Posts
After doing some reading and tinkering around k75 and k75/s have the same ICU and fuel injection module, Doesnt matter what year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts