Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hia all,
So i'm in the market for a HD and think I know which I want and I'm ready to buy. Before I do i'm asking for your experienced advice. Bit of a life long goal for me could be being ticked off finally so i'm hoping to make sure I do it right
A little bit of background, I've never owned a cruiser mainly supersports and naked https://sarkariresult.onl/bikes so it's fairly new territory. I've ridden a few hires over the years though. mobdro
I went for a test ride on a Fat Bob 114 and a Street Bob 107 and think I prefer the Fat Bob. BUT where I need help is around the older HD's. I like the power of the 114 and can't afford more than what a 2018 Fat Bob is coming out at. The Street Bob 107 was still excellent but I just preferred the Fat Bob.
Where I need help is around my decision for the Fat Bob. Do the 114 Milwaukee 8 engines have much of a difference in feel over the older 103's - for example I could get an older Fat Boy (which i'd prefer based on looks) Stage 1 - 2 for similar money.
The 107 didn't feel slow of course! But the 114 just seemed to have a real ur https://pnrstatus.vip/gency to it right from letting the clutch out which I really enjoyed.
And would a Stage 1 107 M8 feel much away from the 114?
Sorry if this gets asked to death but the power figures of inline 4's that i'm used to don't translate here, and it's tough to decide on paper, so I thought who better to ask!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,142 Posts
Welcome to a great forum!

YouTube has hundreds of Harley Davidson related shows for you to watch, discussing what engine is best for what-etc.

The 114 just puts out a little more HP and torque and the 107 easily surpasses it with the stage 1 package. Just make sure it is Harley's products, installed by them, to retain your warranty! They are being adamant about using their 'Screaming Eagle' stuff.

I've had 3 HD's so far and I have ridden my past Electra Glide all over the entire area west of the Mississippi and in my very, extremely humble opinion the touring experience of the Electra Glide line can't be beat although my Goldwing's and BMW K1200LTC came close:)

Sam

·
Nightfly
4,601 Posts
Welcome to a great forum!

YouTube has hundreds of Harley Davidson related shows for you to watch, discussing what engine is best for what-etc.

The 114 just puts out a little more HP and torque and the 107 easily surpasses it with the stage 1 package. Just make sure it is Harley's products, installed by them, to retain your warranty! They are being adamant about using their 'Screaming Eagle' stuff.

I've had 3 HD's so far and I have ridden my past Electra Glide all over the entire area west of the Mississippi and in my very, extremely humble opinion the touring experience of the Electra Glide line can't be beat although my Goldwing's and BMW K1200LTC came close:)
View attachment 61124
Sam
mistake

1 - 3 of 3 Posts