Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's a question i want to throw out for people to comment on. I've been looking into buying a new helmet soon. I've thought a helmet with a military graphic of some sort would be pretty sweet. But i haven't served in the military myself (but i love and respect them for doing what they do). I am i going to get a lot of flack by those who have served in the military? or is it acceptable to get a helmet with the military graphic as a way to show my respect to them?

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
I have no problem with honoring the military with a theme as long as you are not claiming to be in or discharged from the military. There is nothing wrong with being proud of your country, and by doing that, you do have to be proud of the ones that served. Military isn't for everyone, and those of us that have served are actually happy to see others that care.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,844 Posts
^^^what he said^^^ Respect yes, impersonate no. See the rest of the message in the next post. Not really sure what happened.

·
12,844 Posts
I would go with a generic military theme not a branch specific.

For instance, I am retired Navy, but would not wear a Marine specific helmet or any other branch specific helmet.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
^^^^ All good advice given. I know some sons and grandsons that wear caps or jackets honoring a branch of service their fathers or grandfathers served in as a way to honor them.

The important thing is to be completely upfront about it. If anyone infers by seeing your helmet that you served, just tell them you haven't but you admire those who have or are. It's a good way show your respect!

When you make your choice, post a pic for us. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I feel the same way. I wouldn't ever go around claiming to be one of you guys and I think impersonators are scum bags. I have several family members and close friends that have served and still do serve and thought it'd be a good way to show respect to them and all who serve. And more importantly, thanks to you guys who have served on here. I really do appreciate all you guys/gals for your service!

·
12,844 Posts
you could wear a branch specific to honor one of them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts