Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
But doing that affects how the helmet fits too. I wear a head skin to make up for the lost hair.

Reactions: MGRIDER

·
Resident of Munchkin Land
229 Posts
I've been shaving my head for 11 years or so. But my beard always got messed up from my full face helmet...so I shaved about a month ago LoL. Yeah I could've trimmed it but I'm lazy. The Beard will return either in the fall or winter. Stay Tuned.

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
I've been using those cheap beard nets that are required gear for bearded cooks. Everyone calls it my diaper. But I don't give a rats. It works very well. It's the first time my beard ever got longer the three fingers too. Now it's long enough that I'm having to use cheap hair clips in addition to the diaper. I'm your true girly-man I guess now. So I can now sue you for anything sexually related. What a side benefit to all this politically correct bull. But yes, the combination is working but summer is coming so I'll soon be wearing my half helmet which is when I first started this hair net thing in the first place. One net last about 3 riders or around 450 miles. Unless it is raining and it lasts about 150 or less depending on how heavy the rain is. I've been known to rip it off within 25 miles in heavy rain wearing the half helmet. Darn thing holds a surprisingly large amount of water which starts running down my chest directly targeting my crotch which then looks like I did wet my diaper.:grin:

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
I wear a thin knitted hat under my helmet, then tuck my bangs into the side. My hair is usually okay at the end of a ride. :)

Reactions: MGRIDER

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,119 Posts
I have a BIG head---I know, most of you knew that:grin:

I have to buy the largest helmet I can and then take it down to the styrofoam and carve away with a serrated Steak knife to custom fit it to my EGG head:surprise:

I usually BUZZ my hair in the summer but normally I wear the 'Ivy League' style that I have since High School.

Sam:nerd:

·
Visionary
5,245 Posts
I thought I had a big head, wore XXXL or XXXXL helmets since anything smaller gave me an awful headache, till I discovered that helmets came in different internal shapes, and that the better ones had more comfortable linings too.
I found my perfect comfort fit in a long oval shape Arai, XL. It cost more than I ever thought I'd spend on a helmet but it fits perfectly and is light as a feather. I literally can and have worn it close to 24 hours with not the slightest discomfort, I forget it's even on there after a while.

Reactions: Porky

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
I thought I had a big head, wore XXXL or XXXXL helmets since anything smaller gave me an awful headache, till I discovered that helmets came in different internal shapes, and that the better ones had more comfortable linings too.
I found my perfect comfort fit in a long oval shape Arai, XL. It cost more than I ever thought I'd spend on a helmet but it fits perfectly and is light as a feather. I literally can and have worn it close to 24 hours with not the slightest discomfort, I forget it's even on there after a while.
I've had helmets like that too. I like a modular so flip it up making it an open-face when I'm around others and just talking. I completely forget I have it on until I go to put the darn thing on and open the tour pak where it normally would be and get a surprise. Someone stole my helmet!!! Nope, still on my darn head.

Reactions: Porky

·
Registered
28 Posts
The only thing I don't like about helmets is... they mess up your hair...

LOL

I have always worn a scull cap under a helmet, after getting used to wearing one with the helmets while in the Navy.
:D:)
Picked up a new Shoei RF-1200 in Jan and it works super with the scull cap :thumbsup:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When some hair on my head decided it didn't want to be there, I cut off all the rest. Its more aerodynamic!
That's my story, too -- and I am sticking to it!:smile:

When I was buying a helmet last summer, I learned that fit is a matter of head shape AND size. Shoei and Arai felt like head clamps, even in XXL and XXXL. But HJC is made for round, punkin' heads like mine, and an XL fits like a glove.

·
Premium Member
9,822 Posts
I still have hair but that is not the problem. My eyebrows are out of control, and often poke me in the eye, or filter the light.

UK

1 - 14 of 14 Posts