Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
the cowlick look isn't for me so I used to keep a hoodie although the hood usually catches the wind and I have been accused of appearing like the Unabomber. So I tried a beanie hat and it wouldn't fit under my xl helmet and flew out of my pocket. sometimes it has to be the helmet hair vs anything else.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If your hair is thin like mine, try putting it in a messy bun before you ride. I did it today and as gross as this sounds the sweat will create kind of a beach wave look when you take it out :)

·
Premium Member
8,657 Posts
Hair

I recall going to the show. Susan dragged me there.

Helmet hair and foul weather gear are very sexy, especially to us old farts.
Shirley wears one of those sleeve things over her pony tail, or stuffs her hair up under the helmet. Probably a word for that style that I do not know.

The problem for me is eyebrows. They poke me in the eye, or obscure my vision. Maybe there is some kind of wax to keep them in place.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Registered
282 Posts
My wife had the same issue and we bought her a HD Dew rag (scarf) to wear under her helmet and now her hair is under control and she loves it.

·
American Legion Rider
23,125 Posts
My wife swears by these racibabi diva-doo rags. She just captures her long hair in a little sack like pouch and ties it. No more helmet hair.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have one length shoulder length thick hair. I use one ponytail at base of neck. Still get the fuzzy crazy hair when removing the helmet, but I'll either throw on a baseball hat or just redo the ponytail to go into a store not looking to crazy lol.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
I'll either throw on a baseball hat or just redo the ponytail to go into a store not looking to crazy lol.
My hair ranges from 1/4" to 1/2" so ponytails aren't an option for me. :p

Baseball caps however, are the cat's meow! ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
After trying bandanas and "skull caps" (which she still wears under the helmet) my riding buddy figured out there was nothing she could do that would let her pop the helmet off and look presentable so she found a really cute hat that we carry with us. Best solution she found.

·
Registered
602 Posts
For long rides, I french braid it and tuck the itty bitty end underneath. It's not particularly stylish or flattering but it works OK. I have to re-braid before interacting with the public, but that only takes a minute.

For riding to work, I keep a can of dry shampoo in my desk and duck into the bathroom to attempt to fluff it back up a little. I also use those spring clips with the claws to hold it in a loose bun.

That's all I got ... it's not date-night pretty, but it's passable for interacting with the people I see every day.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Balaclava, either silk or a thin synthetic.

Quicker to don or doff than anything that needs to be tied or fastened, easy to cover or uncover lower face to guard against pollen, dust, bugs, or facial recognition cameras.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts