Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i need help with my hair situation.
i love riding and that's not gonna change i also wear a helmet. and my hair is just not good, dry frizzy and groooose. any of the lady's hear have a recommendation for a product to us?? pleas help! :frown:

·
American Legion Rider
23,137 Posts
My wife uses a scarf like thing from this site, Raci-Baby Diva Doo. She says it's a little tricky to learn exactly how to tie it the first time but once you get it's easy after that. And I can attest to the fact her hair is not frizzy and blown all over once we get where we are going. And she has long hair.

Sorry for busting in on the womens section but thought y'all might like to know what a wife does.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
"Helmet hair" is a badge of honor really. I bring along a scarf to tie over my head if it's REALLY bad, but otherwise........wear it proud!!

-Soupy

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
I wear a baseball cap under my helmet. I mainly wear 1/2 and 3/4 helmets. Yes, they are tight but when my hair was long I flipped it up under the cap. I finally got it cut to my normal length, very short, and still wear the cap. It helps the itch and when I get off the bike it hides the flat helmet hair.

·
Registered
943 Posts
My hair is too long to wear up, under the helmet, but I find if I use a hair-tie about every 4" on my pony tail, it stops it from tangling. It doesn't help keep the bangs neat but a doorag hides 'em when off the bike.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just french braid my hair and use a helluva lot of hairspray to keep it there... still gets frizzy and messy but it's out of my face at least, and it doesn't get tangled that way. Besides, I kind of dig the messy helmet hair look myself :p
And bring a brush, too, if you don't want the braid to stay

·
Charlie Tango Xray
763 Posts
Helmet Hair

All the ladies we ride with, including my wife, all wear a girl themed ball type cap and a ponytail when we stop somewhere. Both on the bikes and or the snowmobiles. All us guys think its a pretty hot look.:thumbsup:

·
The 43rd Poser
440 Posts
Gibson Barnes pilot's skull caps.

I was hesitant, but now glad I bought them.

Thin and comfy... even on my bald head, so I know they'll help.

·
Visionary
4,402 Posts
My wife sometimes worries about her hair for about 1 minute as she puts on her helmet, then she gets on her bike and forgets all about it. I tell her how there is NOTHING sexier than a woman in riding gear, leaning on her bike with her helmet under her arm, and an awesome case of helmet hair from riding all day.
We also whitewater kayak, (another helmet sport), and the same thing applies, in fact kayak helmet hair is much worse because of the immersion.

So my advice is to just relax and be proud of your well deserved helmet hair, the people you are with will understand.

You can always tell a fender bunny by her perfectly coiffed hair.

A real Biker woman will have helmet hair, bugs, grit, and a real smile.

·
Roamer
176 Posts
so i need help with my hair situation.
i love riding and that's not gonna change i also wear a helmet. and my hair is just not good, dry frizzy and groooose. any of the lady's hear have a recommendation for a product to us?? pleas help! :frown:
A few questions for you:
  1. How long is your hair?
  2. Is it straight, wavy, curly?
  3. How do you normally style it? Gel, hairspray, hair dryer, straightened, etc?
  4. Where is your destination? The office? Just out and about? What's the dress code where you're going?

Mousse usually tames frizz on humid days.

I have short hair that I style into a faux hawk. I've found that if I put a helmet on shortly after putting product on, by the time I get to work, my hair has assumed the shape of my helmet liner. So, now in the mornings after showering I don't put any product in. Instead, I put my helmet on, ride to work, and style it when I get there.

·
Registered
518 Posts
People see my hair, when I let it grow out anyway, and ask how the ride was.

·
Veteran Member
3,261 Posts
Helmet hair (or biker hair, if no helmet) is sexy to other bikers. But my wife understands your dilemma. She puts her hair up into a low bun or short pony tail. Something so that her helmet still fits, but it keeps her hair from being whipped around, knotted up and frizzled. She brings a bandanna or a hat to put on when we stop and get off the bike for breaks, shopping, eating, etc. Keeping the wind from damaging the hair is the key, then you just wash and condition it as normal.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts