Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who can advise any helmet within $100. Is brand name is really important? I want to have waterproof model.
thanks

·
Visionary
4,614 Posts
As someone posted, Leatherup is good for cheap gear, my first helmet came from there. It can be tough to pick a size without trying it on but they had a chart and I measured my head and it worked out.

Many online shops offer free returns for size on clothing or helmets, shop those places if you might have fitment issues.

If you want to try on a bunch for size and shape see if there is a cyclegear store nearby, they are all over the country and usually stock a lot of helmets from cheap to $$$, you can try on dozens and they don't mind at all. They have their house brand BILT which are not bad for the money at all, especially if they are on sale which they often are.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As someone posted, Leatherup is good for cheap gear, my first helmet came from there. It can be tough to pick a size without trying it on but they had a chart and I measured my head and it worked out.

Many online shops offer free returns for size on clothing or helmets, shop those places if you might have fitment issues.

If you want to try on a bunch for size and shape see if there is a cyclegear store nearby, they are all over the country and usually stock a lot of helmets from cheap to $$$, you can try on dozens and they don't mind at all. They have their house brand BILT which are not bad for the money at all, especially if they are on sale which they often are.
I liked Leatherup xelment evolution (white)
Yes, to choose the right size may be problematically. I opened their size chart, I hope that I selected my size.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I've had Gmax and AFX helmets, my choice would definitely be AFX. I bought my current AFX model 90 from Motorcycle Superstore with a replacement face shield for just under $100 and free shipping. I usually wouldn't buy something like a helmet, boots or gloves on the internet but maybe I got lucky using the sizing guide provided. Where I live there isn't much choice in the stores to try on first.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
For MY money, I can't see buying ANY helmet that isn't at LEAST "DOT" rated.........but then again, if I can find one that is SNELL (one "L" or two?) rated, I'm even happier!!

Spending a few extra bucks on your protective gear, is just good sense. We already operate at a risk level higher than riding in a cage, so why not splurge!? "You" are worth it!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Spend more than $100 on a helmet. Rather than set a dollar amount on a helmet maybe set a safety requirement, DOT or SNELL. In your price range just look for DOT from a major brand. Take a look at HJC helmets.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts