Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Aging & Worn
4,517 Posts
Lots of great (and smart) folks in here...........hang out a while......it's worth it.

Greetings from CT

-soupy

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome from NC! This is by far the best motorcycle forum on the internet. Many many of the others are basically dead with spans of days or even weeks between posts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
dennis again suzuki ts90 1972 bike runs fine fof 5 miles then cuts
out new plug etc looks fine when removed insert another new plug
and after several tries starts up again runs another 2/3 and same again any ideas chaps

·
lost
1,106 Posts
If the plug looks fine, why are you putting a new one in?

To run the bike needs adequate spark at the correct time, correct fuel mixture, and adequate compression.

When it stops running check to see if you've got a spark. Remove the plug from the head, stick it back in the lead and lay it against the cylinder head. Kick the motor over a few times while looking for a spark to jump the gap. It should be a nice fat blue one. Do this in the shade or a garage with the lights off. This needs to be one immediately after the bike dies as some faults might only show when things are hot, like faulty ignition coils.

On top of that start a new thread in this section telling us a bit about yourself and the bike in general. Then start one in Motorcycle Repair forum so you're not hijacking someone else's intro thread.

Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
HI Dennis710 a
hOPE THIS IS CORRECT PLACE TO submit a request for More INFRO on my suzuki ts90 which keeps cutting out after 5 miles then restarts ect engine has been completely reconned with new bearings re bore etc new ignition
coil points condentser, etc air filter carbretter new jets etc.
Bike runs fine for 5 miles plenty of power for 90 cc and quite quick as well so i am becoming , very frustrated and have run out of ideas
any ideas would be very welcome THANKS DENNIS710

·
American Legion Rider
18,498 Posts
You have enough posts now to start your own thread in the repair section dennis.

·
lost
1,106 Posts
HI Dennis710 a
hOPE THIS IS CORRECT PLACE TO submit a request for More INFRO on my suzuki ts90 which keeps cutting out after 5 miles then restarts ect engine has been completely reconned with new bearings re bore etc new ignition
coil points condentser, etc air filter carbretter new jets etc.
Bike runs fine for 5 miles plenty of power for 90 cc and quite quick as well so i am becoming , very frustrated and have run out of ideas
any ideas would be very welcome THANKS DENNIS710
Like hogcowboy and I've already suggested, get this to the right forum so it gets noticed.

start a new thread to introduce yourself here:
http://www.motorcycleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

And then start a new thread in here about your mechanical problems. You'll get input there and it will be in a thread devoted to you to make keeping up easy.

http://www.motorcycleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59

My thoughts are you either have a clogged fuel cap vent or you have a coil fault that only shows up when the bike is warmed up. I could be wrong, but those are two possibilities. See my post above about a simple spark check. When you work through stuff you need to give the results so other suggestions can be made.

Soooo, get that thread started so all of your information isn't mixed up in this thread.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts