Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im new here at motorcycle forums. have a long time relationship with honda twins forum but i have to start broadening my horizons. i have been riding since i was 18. bought my first bike for $600 which was a 1974 honda cl450k6, still own it today and mostly kept in the garage untill the weather is beautiful outside. i did a small restoration to it but the ground up is hopefully in the near future. i love having fellow riders tell me old stories about back in the day when they had one and rode the rubber off theirs. for a short time i had a 1978 honda cm185t, great dirt road bike but sold it shortly after. my main bike is the 1998 honda vtr1000 which i enjoy riding to work in as much as i can. made a few longer trips on it and currently and attempting to make it into more of a touring bike.

i got my father into riding, he started off on the 1978 cm185t, he then purchased a 1982 honda cb900. he had that for a few years and this past summer he sold and purchased a 2006 honda goldwing, he luckly hasnt been pulled over as much as everyone says that you never realize how fast your really going.

i am an A&P mechanic which stands for airframe and powerplant i work on corporate jets at pentastar aviation. i work on gulfstreams, cessna jets, piaggio, lear, challenger, falcon, globals, legacy, mcdonnell douglas, eurocopter, and many more.

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Broadening your horizons, eh? Got your eyes on a new Indian or Harley or _______________?

There's a wide variety in here, so you've found the right place for wide horizons.........and some really GREAT "people" as well.

Enjoy your stay!!

-soupy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Soupy many bikes i like out there just cant afford them! lol but its always good to have some dreams! ducati is one of my favorites, but i still like the Honda styling and the ease of maintenance.

Bwana would trade the old hondas for the world!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome from Seattle :)
hawk, i have a question for you, i have read some of your responses for other questions. i see that you have a sv650 and im curious if you have a communication system on your bike. i ride alot with my dad but he has a goldwing and i have not communication system on my bike (vtr1000) not too sure that i could do a handle bar mount since i dont have much space to add something. any ideas??? or from others?

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Great to hear you got your dad into riding. That has to be creating some good memories for both of you.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
hawk, i have a question for you, i have read some of your responses for other questions. i see that you have a sv650 and im curious if you have a communication system on your bike. i ride alot with my dad but he has a goldwing and i have not communication system on my bike (vtr1000) not too sure that i could do a handle bar mount since i dont have much space to add something. any ideas??? or from others?
I do not, and thus far l have not ridden with anyone else. I haven't looked into putting any gadgets on my bike since the next thing l plan to do to it is to put a handlebar riser on it. If l wanted to do something l would see where l sat after that. So l guess l am not much help :(

There is a great SV forum with a lot of good info. You might check it out and see what people have done there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts