Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello MF, new to not only this forum, but to motorcycles in its entirety. I live in Southern California where the sun shines year round, perfecting the road for the ride. In about a month I will be assessed for a license. Interested in scooters, specifically. Hope to learn and contribute much on this forum.

OBAnimal

·
Aging & Worn
4,517 Posts
Greetings from the Northeast, where we are just coming out of a very difficult "Winter." Riding has just begun in earnest, and the news is full of accidents with motorcycles, to keep us on our toes.

-soupy

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
geek...
we need more techies in here...
get a smaller bike, they weigh less so if you accidentally tip it over you can lift it back on its wheels without calling someone to help. welcome to the loudest forum on the web.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
geek...
we need more techies in here...
get a smaller bike, they weigh less so if you accidentally tip it over you can lift it back on its wheels without calling someone to help. welcome to the loudest forum on the web.
Who are you calling a geek? l sincerely hope it isn't our new member.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the warm welcomes. It's good to know there's a network readily invested in welcoming beginner riders.

Welcome to the Forum. Have you taken the BRC? That is the best place to start learning.
Now, this is simply you reading my mind. I'll soon be taking the BRC with a friend also interested in picking up a bike.

Who are you calling a geek? l sincerely hope it isn't our new member.
Yahmyxs is actually quite on point! My title, "Hello World", pointed toward a computer science background. Hoping to become a geek for motorcycles as well.

I'm officially welcomed.
Thank you.
Long live Motorcycle Forum.

OBAnimal

·
Left. No, the other left.
209 Posts
Welcome from NYC.

Ain't nothing wrong with making a living on computers. Means we'll always be able to find work! ;)

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
To each their own...we need the computer guys to help guys like me who have a hard time understanding computers. And we need guys like me to help the computer guys who have a hard time understanding why you don't flush baby wipes down the toilet. Collectively, we are one big happy family :)

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Well, now that You guys have taken this thread down the toilet....

I'm not sure how much insurance is in Cali. I have a 50 cc Yamaha Zuma and it costs me $100 per year for full coverage, uninsured, under insured and $5000.00 medical. After that my health insurance will pay.

We also have the same insurance coverage on both our bikes for $394. per year. We're both in our 50's, no accidents or tickets, and we have a 2009 Victory Vision and a 1985 Yamaha Maxim 700.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts