Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and girls. I have been ridding off and on since 1991 mostly for transportation and showing off for the ladies. I met my wife and that stopped. Now we feel that I have matured enough to own another bike. I purchased a 07 v-star 1300 a year ago, my first cruiser, and I love it. My wife doesn’t ride so off with the back seat. I added saddle bags to carry my briefcase and lunch to work- take that society. I haven’t put as many miles on it as I would have liked to. I will going on my first rally this June starting in the mountains at Maggie Valley ending 3 days latter (actually only about a 6 hour direct drive) at the NC coast. I joined the forum to get advice from seasoned riders on how to pack, what to bring, tips, tricks, and what not. Maybe make some friends and share some good times. I’ve browsed around and it looks like this is the site to be on, I look forward to hear your thoughts and insights.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Welcome from another North Carolina rider. Sounds like a nice ride you have planned. My Husband and I travel on the bikes often. We love the NC and TN mountains.

·
It's all about attitude
880 Posts
Welcome from Murphy.There are quite a few here to help you out.Good to have you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, I to own a V-star 1300 I haven't had the opportunity to take a good trip on it yet, I'd be interested to hear how the 1300 rides on a long trip keep us posted.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Welcome aboard, from another NC newbie to this forum!

Wait...you can make it from Maggie valley to the coast in 6 hours? Heck, I can't make it from Raleigh to Greensboro in 6 hours. (I have a tendency to wander off the path, get distracted, poke my nose in here and there, and so on...)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome to the site.

I have riden down on NC several times...I live in PA but my family owns a business in Haw River, NC..east of Greensboro. We have brought the bikes down there a few times and riden to the mountains..went to Ashville and TN thru the moutains and to the Smokey MTs on the Dragons Tail. Welcome again.

·
Knees 2 the breeze!
3,445 Posts
Welcome to the MCF from Southern Illinois!
God bless & ride safe!
Daddio

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for the warm welcomes. I hope our paths cross over the open road. The forum has proven to be a plethora of knowledge. Being a voyeur by nature, my comments and replies may be few and far between, contributing only when I feel it is pertinent, like right now.

Firediver, would you mind sharing your windshield height along with your own height? I am 5’10” and was considering a 15” shield, seemed like a good fit for me on a showroom model. I was concerned about helmet buffeting. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts