Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello my name is Theo I am 22 y.o. , I have never ride on a motorcycle again but it is my biggest dream ... I am 6.4 tall ( 1.95) and I want to learn how to ride .. My best friend who is a biker for 13 years now found me a Honda CBR600RR 2004 in a really good amount of money. But here comes the question . Is the CBR a bike for a begginer ? Will I enjoy riding it or will I be really frastrated?
Thank you in advance :)

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,437 Posts
Have you checked in your area for BRC (Beginer Rider's Course). If you are in the states most offer the course and some require it to get your motorcycle endorsement. Taking the class will give you the basics and you can also see if you even want to ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am from Europe ... I have taken some driving classes but they were on a Honda CBF125 which was fun but to small and slow for my taste... Later I drove my friends BMW S 1000 RR which was really fast and hard to handle for me.. so is the 600cc a good category for someone with my specs?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am not even sure that you are allowed to ride above 48ish HP? I know in most countries of the EU if you didn't have the limited license (A2) for 2 years you cannot have a full license until you turn 24. You should know better. :)

Anyway, I would suggest some 2 cylinder bike for you, up to 500 cc max as a first bike. 2 cylinder bikes are narrower, lighter, easier to handle. I think you should be riding a CB500 or similar for at least 1 year to fully understand and learn the basics. CBR 600 is way too powerful to learn with, and you don't want to buy a very expensive bike for first bike. Look for a naked, something what isn't too fancy, so it won't break your heart if you drop it, or crash.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you are right for the lisence :p CB500 sounds good to me and the rest you said makes sence ... but I fell in love with the CBR ... pfff ... Thank's for the advice guys ,really gratefull

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
That bike is going to be too much for an average new rider. Stay with a lower powered bike, a twin cylinder under 500cc would make a better choice.

·
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700
4,671 Posts
As previous mentioned, most countries in the EU seem to have a tiered licensing system, so you won't legally be able to ride such a powerful bike anyway. Get a smaller bike to learn on -- trust me, you'll thank yourself later, especially once you realize that most of us get a new bike every few years anyway, so that bike that you're in love with now will be discarded for a different bike in just a few years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts