Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, a good friend of mind who goes by moodygne on here sent me a link to the site. He was telling me it was a great site, with members who were all about helping fellow riders. Sounds like my kind of place, I'm sure I will learn a lot, and hopefully can contribute as well.

I'm retired, 53 years old, and love motorcycle camping. I ride a 2005 Suzuki 650 V-Strom, and a 2002 Harley Road King Classic. I have a 1976 Harley Sportster that has pretty much been retired to a few rides now and again. I live in KY where we have fairly mild winters so I normally ride all year. I'm also one of those weirdos who actually likes riding in the rain! :p

Be safe out there,
Steve

·
Registered
888 Posts
Ironheadziggy ( Steve ) and I have rode many times. We also camped along the LBL (land between the lakes) Not far from his house. You can ride down to Patties, get a two LB pork chop, and ride home again.

Gary

·
Registered
888 Posts
Welcome from Seattle! That pork chop looks fantastic :)

I don't think l have met you Moodygne, it's a pleasure! I have been here about 6 months now :)
Welcome to you too. I have been slow in posting as of late, but am still evolved with the forum. I am more evolved with motor camper forum, just because of camping.
Gary

·
So long
2,753 Posts
Steve, welcome to the forum from Chapel Hill, NC. I had an '02 police version of the Road King (FLHPI). Great bike.

Gary, I'd ride all day for a chop like that! But, after a two pounder I'd have to take a nap before riding home!

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Steve. Glad Gary steered you our way.

That pork chop looks delicious! We have ridden past Patties several times. We live about 30 miles south of St. Louis and ride to Paducah to eat occasionally. Maybe next time we'll go to Patties instead.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Steve. Glad Gary steered you our way.

That pork chop looks delicious! We have ridden past Patties several times. We live about 30 miles south of St. Louis and ride to Paducah to eat occasionally. Maybe next time we'll go to Patties instead.
Where do you eat in Paducah? Steve and I ate BBQ at a famous BBQ place in Paducah. Maybe Steve knows the name. There is a Good BBQ place near Patties too.
Gary

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
We've eaten at Texas Roadhouse and a Bar B Que place but I too don't remember the name, Backwoods maybe? We ride down hwy 61 and then take 3 to 60. It's an all day easy ride there & back.

·
Registered
888 Posts
We've eaten at Texas Roadhouse and a Bar B Que place but I too don't remember the name, Backwoods maybe? We ride down hwy 61 and then take 3 to 60. It's an all day easy ride there & back.
The place I am talking about was featured on Good Morning America. All I know is that it is good.
Gary

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
I'll have to try to find out what it is. Have you had a "hot Brown" sandwich yet in Louisville, KY?

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
We just went through the Land Between the Lakes last summer, but I think we stopped for a dollar menu burger at a McDonalds in Paducah somewhere.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
It seems that MONI does not know that the Texas Road House is a chain. I have one less than 2 miles from my home in central Illinois. I have been in Paducah but did not stop there for food. My trip to Louisville included a tour of a nursery a few miles south of town and a few hours spent on the bourbon trail, again a few miles south of town. In my case I returned sooner than I should have from the bourbon trail. My wife was participating in a group meeting and had a lunch meeting that I was supposed to return for. As it turned out husbands were not welcome at the luncheon so I could have spent more time at the tour site.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
LOL!! Oldman, I know it is a chain and there is one about 15 miles from me but the food at the one in Paducah just tastes so much better after the ride there. And the ride home after eating is so much fun.

We go there to eat for the ride. ;) About 500 miles on a nice summer day.

C

·
0 Posts
Paducah, have not heard of that in a while. Ironhead, welcome to the forum.

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
We only went through Paducah, on our way to Sundance, because we wanted to meet Moni and Randy. Because of the Moni detour I wanted to take the opportunity lay a red poppy on the grave of a German man, who was an artilleryman in the First World War, (and his English wife,) who I never met. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!

The BBQ place Gary was talking about in Paducah was Starnes BBQ, it was on Good Morning America during one of their local food segments.

Patti's is excellent, and they have a Hot Brown that is very good as well. I think our favorite of that trip was Mr. BBQ that is close to Patti's in Grand Rivers.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!

The BBQ place Gary was talking about in Paducah was Starnes BBQ, it was on Good Morning America during one of their local food segments.

Patti's is excellent, and they have a Hot Brown that is very good as well. I think our favorite of that trip was Mr. BBQ that is close to Patti's in Grand Rivers.
Thank You. What is a hot brown?
Gary

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts

This is a HotBrown. Toast, turkey, sauce,tomato, bacon & cheese. It's worth a ride to Patty's or Louisville. Maybe we can meet there sometime and enjoy one together. :)

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Wow Eye, I didn't know you came that way just to meet us. I am so honored! Randy was asking about you yesterday. Wanted to know if I'd heard much from you. He says we have to get together again sometime. You and Ms Eye made a good impression on him. Says it's too bad we aren't closer together so we could visit more.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts