Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Boys and Girls,
Im new to this forum and have only been in the bike scene for the last few years. Although I have a full license Im still travelling around on my VTR250, as Im pretty slack and havent even bothered looking at what to get as an upgrade. But I do also have a 1977 XS400 that I purchased a couple of years ago, (again so slack :rolleyes:, should have been fixed by now), that Im trying to get ready for licensing.

I live in Perth, and have joined this group to get more mechanical knowledge on what i need to do to get the XS roadworthy and licensed. Currently i'm in the process of researching valve timing as that seems to be the next task that needs to be dealt with. So hopefully will be able to source some of that info here, and get the ol' girl up and running early next year, as I cleary have run out of time for this year!! hehe

Anyways, cheers to all, hope to make some new friends too, feel free to drop by and say hi!! :)

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. We have a few folks from Australia on here. I love it when folks share pics of their country with us as it may be the only real life views we get. Hurry up & get that bike running so you too can share some rides. :) :)

·
Nightfly
4,412 Posts
Welcome from the East Coast of the USA. Talk about half way around the world dude, that would be you. As MONI said, pics would be nice, I'll never get to Perth I'm pretty sure of that. Welcome aboard, we're pretty friendly here. This is the best forum I've been associated with..

·
Nightfly
4,412 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. We have a few folks from Australia on here. I love it when folks share pics of their country with us as it may be the only real life views we get. Hurry up & get that bike running so you too can share some rides. :) :)
Hey MONI, how's the weather out your way? Got a little snow and crap here but not too bad. Looks like rain the next day or two, temps right around freezing or a tad higher..

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Yep, about 5" of snow on the ground & 24* right now. It's supposed to be partly sunny today then warm up & be in mid 30's the rest of the week.

Wonder what it's like in Perth.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,308 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Nightfly
4,412 Posts
Yep, about 5" of snow on the ground & 24* right now. It's supposed to be partly sunny today then warm up & be in mid 30's the rest of the week.

Wonder what it's like in Perth.
Seems like your weather and my weather is almost the same. I just looked at the weather in Perth. Ten day forecaste mostly sunny everyday with temps in the mid to upper 90's with one day over 100. Gonna be a long time till we see those kind of temps...

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Funny, I too checked out Perth's forecast right after I posted that. Then I read a little about the area. It sounds like a beautiful place to visit!!! Wish I was rich, there are a lot of places I would love to see.

Traveling and seeing different regions and lifestyles is my favorite thing to do!!

·
Nightfly
4,412 Posts
Just for the heck of it I checked out a few flights to Perth. Approximately 35 hour flight, give or take and hour or two. With numerous stops in-between. Prices I found were 3500. to 4500. That's from Baltimore Washington airport. Not far from me. I'm sure it's a beautiful place but a little expensive for me. And I thought 9.5 hours was a long flight from BWI to Vienna, Austria. I don't know if I could be couped up in a plane that long of time.....

·
14,308 Posts
Wife and I flew to Bangkok with stops in San Francisco and Tokyo. 21 hours in the air, 24 overall. It is a long time. On the way back we stayed in SF for a week. Not sure I would do it again with out a several day layover on the way and on the way back

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
OK, since several of us can't afford the trip, you folks from Australia need to post up lots of pics for us...even if you just put them into an album on your CP page.

·
Nightfly
4,412 Posts
That's a damn long time sitting in plane as well Critter. When I flew to Austria and then on to Odessa, Ukraine I said that's it for me, just let be get back home. But I did it again a couple years later. I just loved the people I met over there. I agree, a couple day layover if you can do it, would be the way to go. I'd love to see Bangkok, heard so much about it...

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Australia, Switzerland's Alps and the Philippines are the 3 places I've always thought I wanted to go to.

·
14,308 Posts
This was my second trip, my first one 54 years ago was a "Sea Cruise" :) with various ports of call.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts