Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've been lurking around here for the better part of a year, and figured that I should finally make an introduction thread. As the title says, I am from the Metro-Detroit area, directly between Detroit and Ann Arbor. Now a little more about myself and what brought me here: I started riding dirt bikes 8 years ago (learning on an old honda 250 2-stroke). About a year after that, I got a dirt bike of my own (honda crf 230f) and have been riding that and my buddies suzuki 125 2-strokeever since. Fast forward to 2 years ago, and said buddy got a 1980s seca 650 and has been egging me on to get a bike of my own so that we can ride togethet. Last summer, I took a motorcycle endorsement class at a local community college and have my full cycle endorsement on my license. Now, I believe that I am ready for a new motorcycle. Hence the post!!

Oh, and I almost forgot, I am 22 years old, 5' 8" and 160lbs.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,129 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
American Legion Rider
21,771 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome from another Michigan rider! I'm 6'2 197lbs and 16yr old (17 on June 7th incase you where curious haha) and I just got a 2015 ninja 650 and I think it's great! Like you I have ridden dirt bikes prior to a street bike and I think that really helped. Hope you get a bike soon and maybe we'd go riding one day, love meeting new people! Goodluck with your search

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome from another Michigan rider! I'm 6'2 197lbs and 16yr old (17 on June 7th incase you where curious haha) and I just got a 2015 ninja 650 and I think it's great! Like you I have ridden dirt bikes prior to a street bike and I think that really helped. Hope you get a bike soon and maybe we'd go riding one day, love meeting new people! Goodluck with your search
Thanks bud, and damn your insurance must be through the roof $$$. Haha and stay safe on these MI roads; with all these potholes, it's like driving through the African Safari.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Your telling me... Haha lets just say my insurance is almost as much as my payment for the bike :( and yes unfortunately we live in a bipolar state where Mother Nature is always on her period lmao and in return we get pot holes that swallow your front tire whole, I hate driving through my neighborhood because of them!

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I hope you get your bike soon. Just be extra careful while riding in the city traffic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts