Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon to everyone. I found this forum a few months ago and figured I’d say hey. I’m 19, live in Plainfield Illinois and currently ride my dads 93 Honda cbr 600. She’s a bit beat up and sat in the garage for four years straight, but a new battery and rectifier plug later and she runs pretty good. I got my license back in June and ride every chance I get even recently in the cold. I always wear a helmet as well as a jacket with pads in it. I look forward to learning as much as possible from all you people with more experience than me.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Welcome from northeast Ohio! Learning from experienced folks in a forum is good, but it can't substitute for real training from real instructors on a real course. I figure you probably had to take some kind of class to get your license in Illinois, but don't let that be the only official training you ever get.

Oh, and have fun!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did have to take a five day training course to get my license. I’ve thought about taking more courses over the summer. Here in Illinois, I can take them for free. It’s 20 bucks to reserve your seat and you get the money back at the end of the class, which is pretty cool.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,646 Posts
Welcome and take all the training you can get.

·
American Legion Rider
19,010 Posts
WELCOME ON BOARD, and...

Our regular members do like to know they are welcoming a real person.
Unfortunately there are spambots that also try to pose as real people so
this site does have spambot control. So thanks for your introduction.
We are friendly site here. Well, most of us

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good afternoon to everyone. I found this forum a few months ago and figured I’d say hey. I’m 19, live in Plainfield Illinois and currently ride my dads 93 Honda cbr 600. She’s a bit beat up and sat in the garage for four years straight, but a new battery and rectifier plug later and she runs pretty good. I got my license back in June and ride every chance I get even recently in the cold. I always wear a helmet as well as a jacket with pads in it. I look forward to learning as much as possible from all you people with more experience than me.
Welcome from Louisiana!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts