Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! My name is Magz and I just bought my first Harley. I used to own a Honda CBR600RR but sold it around 7 or so years ago. This 2019 Fat Bob 114 is my new pride and joy! Absolutely looking forward to the riding season!

·
On The Road Again!
4,192 Posts
Congrats on your new ride!
I like the color. It appears to be a copper color in the picture, but it's hard to tell with the store lighting.
Glad to see that you didn't go with black.
Keep the shiny side up and welcome to the forum!

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,504 Posts
Welcome to the forum, nice looking bike

·
American Legion Rider
25,919 Posts
WELCOME ON BOARD, and...

We are friendly site here. Well, most of us?

·
Visionary
5,255 Posts
Welcome! Nice bike.
Funny story, my wife and I have toured on bikes all over the east coast, all the New England states, Eastern Canada, a couple of long rides out west, you get the idea.
All except Rhode Island!
We were going over our rides one day and we realized that we have a tiny blank spot on the map that needs to get filled in, somehow every time we rode up that way we bypassed your state.
This year one of our goals will be a quick ride for lunch in Rhode island and back home to PA :cool:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,504 Posts
Mike if you blink you can miss RI on the interstate, 43.3 miles of I95.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Had to go look at some photographs of Rhode Island. I avoid cities as much as I can, but turns out Rhode Island has got some nice countryside to ride a motorcycle in. Will they let you put up a tent out in the country?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha thanks everyone! Yes if you blinked, you missed RI for sure. The riding season here starts whenever the weather gets good. Typically that's april/may, but people have been riding throughout Feb this year since we had an extremely mild winter which I never complain about!

Little Rhody does have some really nice country riding areas, but Newport has some awesome spots. Jamestown is beautiful in season as well. Not to mention we are only a couple hours away from LACONIA!!!

·
Visionary
5,255 Posts
Mike if you blink you can miss RI on the interstate, 43.3 miles of I95.
Yup, I know..been there a few times by car. What happened was that when we rode up that way along the coast through Maine to Quebec City we bypassed a tie up in Boston traffic by getting off 95 and heading inland for a while before heading back to the coast, and in the process totally skipped RI. Coming back down we went to Montreal and then crossed at Vermont so we missed it that trip too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts