Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I'm a complete novice, permit in hand and scheduled for the basic rider course. I came to the forums looking for advice on a first bike, and hopefully I'll soon enough be able to give some advice myself. If not for bike mechanics, then at least gear for tall ladies with big butts. Represent!

I have a 71(?) Honda CB500 four in pieces and was injured in a car accident just after I got it, so I never took the MSF course. Now several years later my courage is regained and I'm more interested in a KLR, which seems a bit more versatile.

At any rate, looking forward to getting 'out there' this autumn as a new rider. So, Hi!

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from another female rider. Glad your courage has returned. The BRC is a great class and will teach you the basics and how to try to keep yourself safe.

Good luck to you!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Welcome from East Tennessee!:)
I suspect the BRC will help you a lot with confidence, I took it Many,many years ago ( 1973) and STILL remember and use many of the things I learned back in the "Stone Age".
I am of the opinion I would have at the very least had some "Road Rash" if not worse had I not taken the course!
I also Notice you have a Vintage Japanese bike sitting around.
I also have a Vintage Japanese bike, 1975 Z1-B 900 Kawasaki, In addition to my Harley, LOL!! Anyway, Z1 Enterprises, Marion New York ( Bet thats not too far from you?) specializes in parts for Vintage Japanese bikes, check out their website,or fb or give them a call if you need parts, great bunch of people. These old bikes are gaining$$$ in value so I would get it going and keep it running, never know what $$ it might bring in a few years! Jeff is the ownerof Z1Enterprises, he is a good guy, or ask for "Rob" one of the Parts/technical guys.
Welcome to the riding world!! Send us some pics of your vintage Honda and whatever bike you end up with! We love Pics!
Ed

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Md. I'm a NY transplant. Just started riding at age 44 and it's great. The BRC will definately build your confidence. I had a ninja 500r as my first bike and it really gave me the confidence to move up after a couple of years. Congrats and good luck.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Welcome to the forum hili. I am always ready to see a new female bike rider. There are just not enough of you, in my book.
How is it going putting that bike back together?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Welcome from Connecticut , from another female rider. I just recently passed the BRC and received my M endorsement. It's a great feeling. Many here gave me the words of encouragement when I was having problems with the figure 8 and that really helped build my confindence and pass the test. They are a great bunch of people here. I've been seeing alot more women riding bikes here and its great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts