Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bokobob here....1936 model (me). Have had 17 bikes since 2008 and just brought home my latest, a 1997 BMW R1100RT with under 50K miles on it.
My job is being a caregiver for my wife who is in the nursing home from a bad stroke in 2005....she is paralyzed on one side and cannot speak...I go to see her twice a day and pay ladies to come in at supper time so she can have a bit of a social life...

When I learn how, I'll post a photo of the new bike....it is dark red/burgundy and in very good shape....doubt I'll go on trips but might just take on of a cuppla days just because...

Kind regards to all,
Bob

·
So long
2,753 Posts
Hi Bob!

Welcome to the forum from another North Carolina BMW rider. The R1100RT is an excellent bike. Best of luck with it.

Wow, 17 bikes since '08! Why so many? Can't say no to a good deal?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oz and "Eye"...thanks for welcomes.
I buy the bikes because I am in bucket list time and just enough prosperity to support my itch for which there is no scratch.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bokobob here....1936 model (me). Have had 17 bikes since 2008 and just brought home my latest, a 1997 BMW R1100RT with under 50K miles on it.
My job is being a caregiver for my wife who is in the nursing home from a bad stroke in 2005....she is paralyzed on one side and cannot speak...I go to see her twice a day and pay ladies to come in at supper time so she can have a bit of a social life...

When I learn how, I'll post a photo of the new bike....it is dark red/burgundy and in very good shape....doubt I'll go on trips but might just take on of a cuppla days just because...

Kind regards to all,
Bob
Welcome to the forum and best of luck with being a care giver, i have had to fill that role for my wife for about 2 years a while back. It was hard to say the least so best of luck. Hopefully we can at least be good for a few good laughs and some fun here.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you are having some fun with that bucket list. Best wishes for your wife too.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bob.
Posting pictures is easy. You go to some place like Photobucket and upload your pictures there. Then you copy the IMG link they give you and come back here. With that link you just paste it in here as so much text. The result looks like the picture is here but you can also paste it in on your posts on the beemer forums. They all work about the same. I use a ENTER key before I do it so I can predict where the picture will show up and use another ENTER after I paste in the IMG link to make sure any more text doesn't get lost off to the right of the picture. This is a picture of my present bike done exactly that way.

If you right click on the image you can call up the image info that will tell you where I have it stored, how many pixels in each direction, that it is a JPEG image and so on.
Us young kids, vintage 1947, know all about the new tech stuff.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
IMG is a code sequence that tells computers that what is coming is a picture. You really don't need to know what it means to use it. You just copy the thing identified as an IMG on Photobucket or Tinypics or wherever you have pictures stored and the storage site includes the IMG code. A real IMG reference can be created from nothing but a picture address and name by starting with IMG inside square brackets and ending with /IMG also in square brackets. I used to mod a fish forum and often took it upon myself to add the code when someone posted a link instead. The link to my bike picture would look like this. http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/Oldman1947/DSC_0609_zpsda9b6376.jpg
By adding the IMG before and the /IMG after it becomes this. Let me do it manually this time. I just surrounded the link above with those codes and viola. Now it looks like the picture.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts

Kind regards to all,
Bob
Welcome from the hills of East Tennessee!
I have family and friends in Kings Mountain ,N.C. and in nearby Rock Hill,S.C. and York,S.C. Very nice area!
Ed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome Bob, My dad is pulling caregiver duty in Asheville right now. Keep up the good work and take that bike for a spin.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts