Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Rogelio, from Puebla, Mexico. I've been riding a motorcycle for 12 years now, I started on a honda xr125, and two months ago I bought a svartpilen 401. I love to ride on secondary roads, but a few years ago I had an accident, and I began to feel fearful on the motorcycle.
I am currently taking some courses to regain my sense of security, and I am still looking for information on how to feel more in control and to enjoy my ride.
Sorry for my English!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Automotive tire

· Premium Member
2009 BMW R1200RT-Patrol
493 Posts
Rogelino, welcome to the forum. Your written English is flawless as far as I can tell. I wish you well on your journey to recover your confidence and pleasure in riding motorcycles. Take it slow and easy. Do not be in any hurry to ride like a racer on holiday.

I am a returning rider and being as cautious as I can while still enjoying the rides. Our confidence will build slowly on the back of accident-free miles... or is that kilometers?

· Registered
2 Posts
Welcome!

First thing I see is that you have your safety gear on. It's great to see that!
Thank you for posting a photo, really like to see others on here and how they gear up and what they ride. (I still need to get that done lol.)

Some of the sites that have helped me a great deal:
  • This one can be a little scary to watch but you can learn A Lot about safety (what to look for when riding) from this guy: Dan Dan the Fireman
  • To learn slow-speed maneuvers, this is the best there is (says me lol): Ride Like a Pro Jerry Palladino
  • To learn about Trail-Breaking (going through turns, at-speed, with confidence): MotoJitsu

I will echo @KEX500R "practice as much as you can". I practice turning from a stop on empty parking lots. Take care.

Welcome again!

· Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,410 Posts
Welcome to the forum. To get your mojo back you have to practice, practice and practice some more.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Llevatela calmada paisa. Y practica todo lo que puedas. Si te es posible, practica en una pista sin trafico.

Tr:
Take it easy dude. And practice as much as you can. If possible, practice on a track with no traffic.

Saludos desde Matamoros, Tamaulipas.
Thank you Paisa. I will keep practicing a lot!

· Registered
Anything 50 cc up to 450 cc dirt , Streeters from 150 cc scooter up to Honda Shadow . In stock ..
1,150 Posts
Hi, I'm Rogelio, from Puebla, Mexico. I've been riding a motorcycle for 12 years now, I started on a honda xr125, and two months ago I bought a svartpilen 401. I love to ride on secondary roads, but a few years ago I had an accident, and I began to feel fearful on the motorcycle.
I am currently taking some courses to regain my sense of security, and I am still looking for information on how to feel more in control and to enjoy my ride.
Sorry for my English! View attachment 76887
Welcome to the forum , From Mission Tx.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts