1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,648 Posts
In Maine you might have a long wait. :) Welcome to the forum

·
American Legion Rider
19,018 Posts
While you're waiting and since you therefore have the time, how about telling us a little about yourself, how long you've been riding, what are you riding now, what you might want to own and ride, what brought you here. Those are just suggestions but whatever else you might like us to know. And...
WELCOME ON BOARD, and...

We are a friendly site here. Well, most of us.

·
Nightfly
3,762 Posts
The Keystone state welcomes all from Vacation land. My favorite place in the summer. As some have said, you may have a wait for riding season.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Welcome from NY. Impatiently waiting for riding weather here also was a high of 9 today with 3 inches of snow

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome 💙 I am retired and a new rider. Learned to ride summer 2019 on a 09 Suzuki GZ 250. In October I put 1200 miles on the bike. MSFC and licensed in August. I did miles in parking lots May to August. I ride with my husband (also the one who had the patience to teach me how to ride) . He rides behind me on a HD 883 xl . I did get my next motorcycle a 2014 Suzuki Boulevard S40 . Still a basic single cylinder motorcycle but with a bit more horsepower and under 400 pounds. ( I can pick this bike up off the ground without help) Only rode it on our dirt road . Love the bikes and riding! And this was something I didn’t have on my bucket list.

·
American Legion Rider
19,018 Posts
Thanks. Sounds like you just might have got the bug. It gets in your blood and won't let go sometimes or most of the time. Really good that you did a lot of practicing before venturing out to streets. Your bike has a drive shaft I think so that's great for your dirt road. I wish mine had a drive shaft. 35k miles and I've already had to replace one belt. Dirt and grit are like sandpaper on belts. And again, welcome to the gang.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. Sounds like you just might have got the bug. It gets in your blood and won't let go sometimes or most of the time. Really good that you did a lot of practicing before venturing out to streets. Your bike has a drive shaft I think so that's great for your dirt road. I wish mine had a drive shaft. 35k miles and I've already had to replace one belt. Dirt and grit are like sandpaper on belts. And again, welcome to the gang.
The S40 is a belt drive and I noticed it is not as forgiving as the chain drive . So I’ll just have to shift at the correct speed .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Keystone state welcomes all from Vacation land. My favorite place in the summer. As some have said, you may have a wait for riding season.
I’m in a rural area with lots of sand on the road and come spring we just have to wait for the rain to wash the sand off the road. So it’s a bit longer than the city parts of the state

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gidday from a small Island in the Salish Sea.
Nice bike to start and learn on.

UK
It is a fun bike to ride around on. Got the S40 to handle the roller coasters in and out of where I live . It’s uphill both ways home ! Fly down the first to get up the next and work the throttle to increase the uphill speed .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome from NY. Impatiently waiting for riding weather here also was a high of 9 today with 3 inches of snow

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Got you beat on temps and snow with more snow on the way so temps bay get double digit today😜

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome PinkyMoon
Today I have reach my coldest day this winter @ 40 degrees F with highs in the mid 50's. Snow is a rare thing here in South Louisiana but not impossible.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome PinkyMoon
Today I have reach my coldest day this winter @ 40 degrees F with highs in the mid 50's. Snow is a rare thing here in South Louisiana but not impossible.
40 would be no jacket or glove day here 😍😎

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,648 Posts
LOL, when I was stationed there we used to go swimming in the ocean when it got above 50

1 - 20 of 22 Posts