Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just purchased a 1980 Honda CX500 Gold Wing motorcycle yesterday. I am excited to get started on the project.

I have always ridden bicycles around my town and I had a bad wreck because a car wasn't looking for a bicyclist - no helmet, no pads, BOOM. That incident made me give up two wheels for the last three years.

But, it hasn't deterred me from getting a motorcycle.

I know how to fix small engines like weedeaters and lawn mowers - and if a motorcycle is anything like the small engines I am used to working on, I think I can figure some things out.

Anyways, I'm just trying to get my post count up so that I can start posting some links. I read the forum rules and know what to expect. Thanks everyone for reading.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ugh, I don't know why I said links, I meant images... I want to show off my nice "barn find"

I only paid $175 for the Honda. I think it was a heck of a deal. I'm happy with my purchase - if only I can get it up and running soon.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Good luck with the bike. What part of Louisiana are you from? I spent most of my summers down there as a kid and loved every Hot, Humid minute of it.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I have a CX-500 about that same age. Once you get it running it will be a very nice ride. It is more difficult to work with than most small engines because of the water cooling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts