Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Trichinella spiralis
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Brand new to riding. I took the MSF Basic Rider Course last fall and brought home a shiny new Suzuki Boulevard S40 Yesterday. Have been doing laps around the neighborhood for two days now...the neighbors may be beginning to worry. Have been walking around with a silly grin on my face too. Look forward to participating in the forum and learning from all of you.

·
Trichinella spiralis
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't stop grinning

Brought it home Saturday with 1.9 miles on the odometer. Had to wait to ride it until after the daughters birthday party. Managed to put on 50 miles this weekend without leaving the friendly confines of my small town (pop. 1100). Wasn't quite comfortable taking it out in the country (winds of 35 mph this weekend). Pictures to come.

·
Trichinella spiralis
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Broke one-hundred

Took the old girl for a spin this evening and she now has over 100 miles on the odometer. All the miles except the first 1.9 were put on by me. It may be very hard to let anyone else ride her.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Welcome from Iowa too! I'm in Des Moines, shoot me a pm if you want someone to ride with here and there this summer.

·
Banned
92 Posts
Oh nice bike. I rode passenger on a Suzuki S50. At least it's good to know that not every biker in the midwest has to own a a Harley and talks trash on Japanese bikes.

Kind of reminded me of the Gran Torino movie where Clint Eastwood's character talks about supporting American and hates how his son makes a good living selling Japanese cars.

But I think Japanese makes just as good of bikes as Harleys and don't charge a premium for the name.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I could do that. Wanna make a new post in somewhere more public. Hopefully Iowegian can make it since it is his welcome thread.... :D

·
Trichinella spiralis
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Done. New thread started in the "Riding Companions Wanted" with a proposed date of April 28. Rally at Southridge Mall (and I assumed that it was the Southridge Mall in Des Moines).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts